Author Topic: Dengu m06 Build  (Read 9222 times)

ArAddict

Re: Dengu m06 Build
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:00 AM »
Btw anyone tried running 120/130mm front fork on the m06 ? Got the option to buy a very nicly priced 2nd hand 130mm fox fork.

adbl

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 09:49:42 AM »
I'm running a 120mm fork on my M06. It's hard to say how it feels because i'm coming from an 057 hardtail with a much steeper headtube angle. According to my calculations the 120mm fork gives me approximately a 67.5 headtube angle. I'm used to the feeling now and have no issues with handling strange travel feelings. I have had to play around with air pressure to get the right amount of travel but other than that, i don't think you'll have any issues.

ArAddict

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:07 AM »
Short update.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:58:17 AM by ArAddict »

carbonazza

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »
30mm can have more effect than it looks !

Thanks for the Rocket Ron/Maxxis comment.
I ride almost exclusively RoRo all year, by habit, and will give Maxxis a try as my next set.

adbl

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »
I'm a huge Maxxis fan. I had run the Ikon 2.2 for a while but when i built my M06 i switched to the Ardent Race 2.2. What a difference! I get the easy rolling of the Ikons with a more trail capable tire. I could skid the rear tire anytime using the Ikons but the Ardent Race brakes much better. I really have to get on the rear break to make the Ardent Race even think about skidding. It really does bridge the gap between the Ikon and the Ardent.

ArAddict

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »
So an update on the frame/bike.  I tried it with a 130mm fox fork but didnt like it when riding fast cross-country tracks, its too light upfront making it over-steer and loosing traction easy. So I went back to my 100mm SID XX. Also changed the Next SL cranks (they had started to delaminate) and basially the whole drivetrain to Sram GX except rear deraullier and shifter (still XX1) . Been playing around with the front/rear suspension settings alot and finally feel that its tuned as I want it, using the whole travel if needed but firm enough to pedal well without locking. Changed the tires from Rocket Ron to Maxxis Ikon 3C EXO 2.9 * 2-2 since the Rocket Rons  sidewalls are way to fragile for my rocky trails.  Had some issues with a creaking BB (I thought) and after removing and reinstalling it I finally realized it was actually where the seat connected to the seatpost that made the noise!

Been riding many many hours on the bike and I really love it, best bike I had. Handling is superb and its fast as any hardtail on the flats!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:31:40 AM by ArAddict »

Klaster_1

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
So an update on the frame/bike
You seem to run a somewhat long stem. What's the stem length, frame size and your height? I'd like to compare other people setups with my own.

adbl

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Been riding many many hours on the bike and I really love it, best bike I had. Handling is superb and its fast as any hardtail on the flats!

That's how i feel about my M06 as well. It really is faster than any hardtail I've been on and the handling is superb! Just feels totally natural. I don't have to "ride" the bike. I just get on it and do my thing and it responds  ;D

ArAddict

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 02:02:40 AM »
You seem to run a somewhat long stem. What's the stem length, frame size and your height? I'd like to compare other people setups with my own.

Stem is a Syntace F109 90mm, 21" frame and im 187 cm tall. I prefer a long reach so I can get into a nice aero position for long distances races which typically (sadly) has alot of gravel roads.

Klaster_1

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 02:36:31 AM »
Stem is a Syntace F109 90mm, 21" frame and im 187 cm tall. I prefer a long reach so I can get into a nice aero position for long distances races which typically (sadly) has alot of gravel roads.
Wow, maybe I should at least try a lower/longer option given that I'm just 2cm lower than you, but then again everyone has different body proportions. My current setup is 19" frame and 6cm stem which feels endo-resistant, at least I did not roll over yet :) Next spring I'll see if 9cm stem rides better.

adbl

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:35 PM »
Wow, maybe I should at least try a lower/longer option given that I'm just 2cm lower than you, but then again everyone has different body proportions. My current setup is 19" frame and 6cm stem which feels endo-resistant, at least I did not roll over yet :) Next spring I'll see if 9cm stem rides better.

Don't forget handlebar width plays an important part of this equation too. The shorter the stem length the wider you want your bars. If you lengthen the stem to 90mm and keep the same fairly wide bars (not knowing what your bar width is of course) you might wind up with a combination that makes the steering too fast and twitchy.

That's what happened to me on my hardtail. I started out with a 90mm stem and 725mm bars. Man was that a bad combination!!! I kept the bars and went with a 60mm stem. So much better. The steering felt natural. I didn't have to think about turning input. When i built my M06 i went with a 740mm bar and a 70mm stem......perfect!!! It has been the most natural and intuitive steering i have ever felt on a bike. The moral of the story is everything comes into play when you're trying to dial a bike in for yourself. it all works as one package  ;D