Author Topic: FM258 vs M06 vs WCB-M-145  (Read 2618 times)

samroy92

adroitrider

Re: FM258 vs M06 vs WCB-M-145
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:43:28 AM »
Here is my analysis of the three:
FM258 - this is my top choice due to the iterations that have been coming out for the last year. The slight tweaks to add the 12x148, the XL size, the SL option, shows that the people doing the layup are confident enough to expand the product offering. I also like this suspension design due to the copy of the Spark.

CS-M06 - this is my second choice due to the large number of builds and the iterations off of the CS-M36. They also have been doing the XL for quite some time and my order won't be the first run. I also like this suspension design because it is tried and true.

M-145 - I like the idea of this frame, the slackness, the full active rear triangle, but I wish it was squishier. 120mm front/rear would be unique and something we all have been wanting; a trail bike from the OEM for under $1000 (with shock). They are also on their first run of frames and I don't want my $$$ to be the revenue that drives iterations.

samroy92

Re: FM258 vs M06 vs WCB-M-145
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:57:26 AM »
Here is my analysis of the three:
FM258 - this is my top choice due to the iterations that have been coming out for the last year. The slight tweaks to add the 12x148, the XL size, the SL option, shows that the people doing the layup are confident enough to expand the product offering. I also like this suspension design due to the copy of the Spark.

CS-M06 - this is my second choice due to the large number of builds and the iterations off of the CS-M36. They also have been doing the XL for quite some time and my order won't be the first run. I also like this suspension design because it is tried and true.

M-145 - I like the idea of this frame, the slackness, the full active rear triangle, but I wish it was squishier. 120mm front/rear would be unique and something we all have been wanting; a trail bike from the OEM for under $1000 (with shock). They are also on their first run of frames and I don't want my $$$ to be the revenue that drives iterations.

Thanks for that feedback. I just ordered the FM258 boost frame last night, glad I made a pretty smart decision. I really wanted the M-145 only issue being how fresh it is off the assembly line I don't want to be the recipient of a design flaw. The M06 seatstays look very thin which made me weary but I know it's been a reliable frame for a lot of people.