Author Topic: New DengFu M06 Build Coming  (Read 10073 times)

dopestar

Re: New DengFu M06 Build Coming
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 01:50:49 AM »
Nice frame! I'm excited to see the final build. :D

MTB2223

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 08:22:50 AM »
Nice frame! Nice color!

For the bottle cage, maybe you can use a bottle cage adapter to get your bottle much lower:
http://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-Di2-SM-BA01-Bottle-Cage-Adaptor

adbl

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
It's funny you mentioned an adapter. Looking at it last night i was thinking i could fabricate a little bracket using the existing holes to move the cage down the drop tube. I didn't realize someone already makes something like this. Thanks for the tip!

steven-iam

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
i could fabricate a little bracket...

...or just use the bottom hole for the top of the cage and use a zip-tie to secure the bottom. No problems so far. You just loop the zip-tie  ends up into the cage bottom hole from the bottom and tighten.

http://chinertown.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1186.0;attach=1561;image

http://chinertown.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=51.0;attach=1774;image

adbl

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »
It's good to have options!  ;D

maui400

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »
Looks really nice!
What size and weight?

adbl

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
The size is 19" or large in most manufacturers. The frame weighed 2090 grams. Dengfu states 1900 grams =/- 45 grams but i'm not surprised it weighs a little more due to the paint and clear coat. It's still pretty light for a large 29er FS frame. I'm shooting for somewhere in the 24lb range. I'd be ecstatic for anything under 25lbs!!!

adbl

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »
Good news, wheels and fork came today!!! Just what i needed to continue the build. Wheels are from Yishun Bikes and they look great! Very high quality carbon, 33mm width with DT Swiss 240 hubs. Front wheel weighed in at 739 grams and the rear 865 grams.

The fork is a X-Fusion Slide RL2. 100mm thru axle. Yes, i'm a X-Fusion fan. Their products are simple, dampen great and are very competitively priced.

adbl

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »
To continue with the build, the next step is installing the bottom bracket. Greased all surfaces, lined up the install tool and they pressed in with no issues!

adbl

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:45 AM »
Installed the Raceface Next SL G4 crank and set the side lash. Everything spins so smoothly and free  ;D

I decided to try an oval chainring. I have heard a lot of good things about them and have a few friends that run them on their road bikes and love them. I guess we'll see........

adbl

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Next was to install the brakes. There are no inner tubes in the frame for the brake lines which was no problem. I was careful to leave some slack at the bottom bracket area for the rear triangle to pivot. One major word of advice.....DO NOT install the fork before running all of your cables and hoses through the frame!!! You will need the access at the head tube to feed everything through. Access is very good and routing all cables and hoses were no problem. There is even an access hole in the underneath side of the toptube for the rear shock, very cool! Will make for a clean installation there as i'm using a remote lockout for the shock.

That was about all i could do for the night. I'm waiting for rim tape and valve stems to come today so i can mount the wheels, mount the rear derailleur and get the drivetrain buttoned up and adjusted. Once that is complete it will be time to bleed the brakes, install grips, and adjust all the levers. If everything goes smoothly i hope to be able to take the first ride around the neighborhood Saturday, fingers crossed! If that goes well and i can get all systems adjusted properly then Sunday will be a good trail ride. Hopefully all will go well  ;D

Klaster_1

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 10:02:23 AM »
Love the color, I'd go for bright green too if not the paint weight  ;D I'm also drooling all over your Next SL, but no good deals yet, too bad. What spindle width does it have?

adbl

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
It's a 92mm width. I got a little bit of a deal but not much. I've been wanting one for so long i just bit the bullet and went for it....lol!

maui400

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
Are you sure you need all those spacers + positive stem + riser handlebar? The frame looks awesome though!

adbl

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 02:58:14 PM »
Are you sure you need all those spacers + positive stem + riser handlebar? The frame looks awesome though!

I know right....lol! I just threw on what i had at the time. The hardest part of the cockpit was cutting the steer tube. What a P.I.T.A!!!

I do like to ride a little more upright. I usually set my bars about an inch or two below seat height.