Author Topic: Wind-Vane Cycling Rims  (Read 1390 times)

Le Duke

Wind-Vane Cycling Rims
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »
Has anyone bought from this vendor? I'm specifically looking at their 29mm inner width 29er rims. "Lifetime warranty", but as far as I can tell, they have 0 reviews and appear to be a brand new vendor.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001561452261.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.412c3c00cnxXyN&mp=1

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

carbonazza

Re: Wind-Vane Cycling Rims
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 04:07:31 PM »
It looks to be the same build process as Lightbicycle Recon Pro rims but cheaper.
The central groove seems quite deep. It should help to mount the tire more easily.

RobinRLS

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 06:15:22 AM »
I ordered 2 pairs of rims (these with 27mm internal width, one in light version 310g and the other in reinforced version at 360g).
For the moment I only received the light ones, the finish is really good, compared to Duke Lucky Jack SLS I can't find any difference. The satin UD finish looks very well, the spokes holes are clean and oriented, and the weight is respected and even a little lighter (300g and 312g).
I haven't truing them so I can't make a review of the build and the riding, but I am very satisfied about it so far.

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »
They look very good.
Do you know what build process makes them different than the older looking rims ?

RobinRLS

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 01:15:01 AM »
It is a new manufacturing process which consists in leaving the rims as they are when they come out of the mold, without varnish or sandblasting.
It is the polymerization of the resin that gives this satin appearance, which is much more solid than a varnish and prevents scratches, and in addition to that it is suddenly lighter.
The high-end Light Bicycle rims use this process, as do the new Duke for example.