Author Topic: BXT?  (Read 11409 times)

StefanLee

BXT?
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »
I´m looking to buy an aero frame to build up a bike. Have been looking around and there is a lot to choose from... But the BXT Pro 3.0 seems like a nice frame, and the shop looks legit on Aliexpress. But I can´t find anything online, no pics, o builds or anything. What gives?

Does anyone of you have experience with them? I´m about to pull the trigger on a white 3.0... Should I resist?

/Stefan

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Design-BXT-Carbon-Road-Bike-Frame-Fork-Seatpost-Toray-T800-Chinese-Bike-Frame-49/1942488_32725759175.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.paSpjq

tripleDot

Re: BXT?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »
It looks similar to Peter's (Xiamen Carbon Speed) CS-686 frame set.

I've no experience with this frame but I have another frame from Peter which I really love. Not to mention his great after sales service. Peter also offers custom painting if you want it to look like the BXT.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

zacha

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 02:47:30 AM »
Well, no. It does not.

BXT = Tideace = Haideli as far as I can tell but who is the actual manufacturer I cannot say. I ordered a BXT Pro SL (not the aero one) on aliexpress. They say they have a Tüv certification for the frame/fork but I think it's fake at least I cannot find anything on the Tüv Süd website.

Anyway I simply could not resist it was EUR 270 shipped. Paid ~ EUR 65 Tax and customs, so EUR 335 with tax and shipping, including everything. What I liked about this frame is that it has all the traditional industry standard mounts (BSA 68), C-type brake, 31,8mm seat post, 34,9mm fd and so on. They shipped it via Singapore which was very helpful as I did not have to argue with the customs if the anti dumping fee has to be paid on it (which applies to certain bike products from China here in Europe).

The frame came relatively fast and was packaged well, first off it seems to be solid. It has matte UD finish and at least clear coating but I cannot tell if there is possibly a black matte coating below it looks very even, even for an UD finish. The decals are below the clear coating, the quality of the paint job is /okay/ but don't expect too much.

Frame comes in at 950g at size 55 and fork was 360g uncut. What was missing in my eyes were the rubber plugs for the DI2 holes. But they said these were not included and that's normal. I installed the frame with DI2 though but I did not need the large hole below between the bottle cage bosses so I covered it with black electrical tape.

The frame came without different inserts for DI2 installation so you would have to drill the existing inserts to fit a Di2 plug. I could not find a replacement for them but as I got a good deal on very long DI2 cables I just spliced them myself so I cut the plug on one end and could fit them through the existing hole for the mechanical shift cable. I covered the other side using black electrical tape again.

I did install the battery below the chain stay on the non-drive-side which is not intended but I used the problem solvers battery mount without a problem. You COULD fit the DI2 plug through the bottom bracket opening though. It was relatively tricky to route the DI2 cables due to the laminated BSA shell with relatively small holes, this would have been even harder with plugs on them but it WILL BE possible.

Another issue was the derailleur hanger which pointed well inwards. This is a general problem of the most new frames caused by manufacturing tolerances but this was a rather huge tolerance. I had to bend it very much and had to be very careful to not break it but I was still able to get it right.

Overall it feels very good I did about 2k on the bike now and no issues so far. I jumped over potholes and up and down the curbs and everything without any problems.

If you are interested I can send you some detail pictures.

Just to add I am 1.83m and am riding size 55 with 120mm -17 stem and additional 15mm stack. That feels just right but is a very race oriented setup, most probably this one is not for the faint-hearted, and it is definitely not the really tall ones. (55 size just has 145mm head tube). It seems the other frames come in larger sizes too.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:54:54 AM by zacha »

Rigid_Bloke

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
^ Wow, thanks for the detailed info. Been looking into this frame as well and it's hard to find reviews/feedback. I'd def be interested in seeing pics of your build. Post em up!  ;D

zacha

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
here are some pics that illustrate what I just explained

zacha

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »
additional photos...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:19:12 PM by zacha »

zacha

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about the frame, I know it is often very complicated to get the right info directly from China ;)

camposilva2380

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
Hello i have one question, this geometry is a s-works tarmac?

zacha

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
it is no tarmac knock-off if your mean this. The geometry is similar but not the same. Size 550 ~ Tarmac in 54 if you compare both Data sheets. The tarmac is more sloped though...