Author Topic: Ribble Gran Fondo Disc frame - Who makes it?  (Read 4109 times)

SteeleWheels

Ribble Gran Fondo Disc frame - Who makes it?
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum and thinking of doing a build and I like this frame and was wondering if anybody knew if it was available from any of the Chinese manufacturers. I've looked for frames with the same geometry and haven't found anything.

FirstCFbike

Re: Ribble Gran Fondo Disc frame - Who makes it?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »
What components are you planing on using?

Complete bike price with Ultegra does not looks that bad... are you shooting for a specific budget?? 

SteeleWheels

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:23:29 PM »
Hey, yeah the price isn't bad at all but I'm in the US and that adds another $140 shipped plus I really don't like all the bright colors. I was going to do a 105 build. There isn't really any difference between 105 and Ultegra other than about 300 grams and a couple hundred dollars. Rather put the money into better wheels.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
Hey, yeah the price isn't bad at all but I'm in the US and that adds another $140 shipped plus I really don't like all the bright colors. I was going to do a 105 build. There isn't really any difference between 105 and Ultegra other than about 300 grams and a couple hundred dollars. Rather put the money into better wheels.

Have you looked at what Nashbar has?

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories_10053_10052_-1

SteeleWheels

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:39:57 AM »
Yes I have but they do not offer a carbon disc road bike and they use cheap brakes and other parts on their builds. Plus they are pretty ugly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
Yes I have but they do not offer a carbon disc road bike and they use cheap brakes and other parts on their builds. Plus they are pretty ugly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Email the contact I gave you.  To see if they carry a similar frame.

SteeleWheels

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
Now I'm totally rethinking about buying the Ribble. You can get a Di2 bike for $2k US. I can't build one for that.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »
This is why I asked about budget... when you add up everything, the whole bike from Ribble is a decent value...