Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

A 057

(1/3) > >>

0435235:
I always loved the idea of mountainbiking but never really got into it until a teacher offered to take a few guys out biking for the last few days before summer holidays last year. I loved it. From then I began taking my bike (a Trek Fuel 90 from 2004 or so) out more often. The only problem I had was that the frame is 15.5" and even though I'm only 173cm ~ 5ft8in it is too small. So the search for a bike began.

This chiner story begins with a BKXC video.
Someone rode quite well and got asked what his bike was. He said it was a "350$ chinese carbon frame from Alibaba". Since I wanted to get a new bike ... I WAS HOOKED

My parents and friends tried to convince me to just buy a bike, but since I finished school last month I was in desperate need of a project anyways. Also if the frame is only ~450€ shipped I could get a carbon frame with either the same or even better components than a name brand alu bike for the same money.
While doing research on frames and parts I found this forum and honestly, all the builds and answered questions were an amazing help. I read that Peter is a trustworthy guy and so I gave it a shot.
The 057 frame amazingly arrived in germany two days after I ordered it. The less amazing part was dealing with german customs ...

My build:

057 UD Matte BSA 17.5"
NECO headset
Rockshox Reba RL 2018 120mm
Mavic Crossride Quest Tubeless wheelset
Shimano XT Upgrade kit (Cassette, R.Derailleur, Chain, Shifter)
Shimano XT BB
Shimano SLX Cranks
Magura MT5 front w/ 160mm
Magura MT4 back w/160mm
Seatpost - cheap offer on Chainreactioncycles
Handlebars 720mm Easton Alloy riserbars
Truvativ Descendant 40mm stem
Nukeproof Grips
The saddle from my old bike
The pedals (flats) from my old bike (whoever put them on must have been a monster. At first it was impossible to remove them but after using aggressive rust remover to combat possible seizing and standing on the wrench they eventually came off)

Pics coming soon.

0435235:
Please excuse my username, I just didn't want to bother with finding a name when I registered.

adbl:
Good luck with the build, you'll love the bike! I've had mine for a year and a half and love it  :D

0435235:
Thank you. I'm pretty excited :D

0435235:
Is it normal that the seatpost in a 057 can only be inserted about 15cm deep? There seems to be a thick piece of material around the inside of the screws of the rear bottle cage mount.
Also: Would it be an issue if I cut my seatpost to slide around this plate inside the seattube?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version