Author Topic: Model numbers?!  (Read 1135 times)

Blackfly22

Model numbers?!
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »
Newbie here. Getting ready dive into a new FS Chinese frame.
After reading a number of the posts here I’m having trouble keeping
up with all the different model numbers:)
How do I place a manufacturer with a model number?

samroy92

Re: Model numbers?!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
Newbie here. Getting ready dive into a new FS Chinese frame.
After reading a number of the posts here I’m having trouble keeping
up with all the different model numbers:)
How do I place a manufacturer with a model number?

Honestly, there's very little rhyme or reason for the crazy amount of model numbers out here. But generally you can tell the manufacturer by the 2-3 character prefix. Say, HF-FMXXX, or WCB-M-XXX for instance. Hong Fu and Workswellbikes respectively. The number after the prefix is the model of frame, say 258 or 062 for instance. Some frames can be exactly the same but have different numbers from the manufacturer. Some frames can be rebranded, say the 058 for a 2017 may be 258 in 2018 with minor changes. It's hard to keep track of the all. To sum it all up a FM-057, HF-057, IP-057, etc. might be all the same frame just from different shops.

Re: Model numbers?!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
Most of the models are sold by multiple companies. Typically you have the frame model number, like the 057 and put the sellers abbreviation in front of it, like CS057 for Carbonspeed. If you see the same model number on different websites it's the same frame. In some cases they might sell the same frame under different names though. Just check the geometry sheets for something you like.