Author Topic: Any information about ICAN S8 frame?  (Read 4617 times)

lRaphl

Any information about ICAN S8 frame?
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
Hi, does someone have some information or comments about the ICAN S8 frame? My friend Google could not give me anything else than what is available on the ICAN Web site. It looks like a mix of the 036 with the M06.

http://www.icanbikes.com/html/MTB/29ER_frame/147.html#bk_desc_tab

Geometry numbers are interesting.

Klaster_1

Re: Any information about ICAN S8 frame?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:00:03 PM »
ICAN sent me frame info PDFs today, but Chinertown does not allow to attach files this big. Here are download links (first hosting I found in Google):
https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/08/03/s8/s8.pdf
https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/08/03/s8-geometry-model/s8-geometry-model.pdf

I was entertaining myself about swapping M06 rocker arm to something lighter and S8 RA design looks like it has less material, but I'm not sure about compatibility.

Update:
ICAN sales person (another Melody, lol) plain refuses to either sell an S8 rocker arm or even provide dimensions so I can make sure for myself if it fits or not. Because "Your frame is not ours ,if not fit ,make your frame broken ,that will be problem". What a load of bs. Why would a chinese vendor bother with parts compatibility anyway, I probably would not be able to make them bear legal responsibility (or would I?). Or yeah, Dengfu declined to provide rocker arm dimensions too.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:44:37 PM by Klaster_1 »

lRaphl

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:36:48 AM »
I asked ICAN about pricing and cable routing since there was no clue about an internal routing for a dropper post.

First answer was this:

For S8 frame, USD730/set (frame,headset,hanger)
Geometric chart attached ,please check ,which size do you like ?
If in stock ,we will send out within 1-3days after payment

For cable routing ,all inner cable routing, photos attached ,if you are not sure ,before shipping ,we will mount the cable for you like the S8 photo

So I sent another question only about the dropper post routing. The answer is the following:

Hi,
S8 frame could mount inner cable dropper seatpost
We confirm S8 has the design

Nice day

Digpix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
I have a S8 at home just now. Will start to build it up after the season end and when I receive some new parts (shock). Will take most of the parts from my existing HT. It's an XL frame.

There is a guy in Sweden building bikes from this S8 frame. I bought mine from China.

http://www.ciclolollo.se/

lRaphl

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Can you post some pictures of the frame from various angles please?

Thank you!

Klaster_1

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
I have a S8 at home just now.
Will you post frame weights? I'd also really like more info about the rocker arm, in case you are willing to disassemble the frame.

Digpix

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 01:35:56 PM »
Not very large pictures...

Digpix

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Another view

Digpix

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »
Weight as it stands here is 2300 grams.  A little bit more then expected... :(

lRaphl

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »
Thank you for the pictures! Please give us some feedback of your build and how it rides when you're finished.

Digpix

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
After a long winter and very cold spring it’s finally ready!

cbenj42

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
After a long winter and very cold spring it’s finally ready!

Have you done any work on the linkage pivots? I found that the bearings in mine weren't installed with any loctite, just a circlip spring. There was about 1cm lateral movement in all of them.
Even after fixing that, it still seems like the manufacturing tolerances are just a little off. I've had to install some .5mm nylon spacers inside the pivots to take up the extra play.

Digpix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 03:51:17 PM »
I haven’t done anything to the linkage pivots. Can't feel any play in the linkage.