Author Topic: Ican P8 full suspension build  (Read 44876 times)

rideczech

Re: Ican P8 full suspension build
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »
Nice work.....  ;)

How much did the decals set you back, just out of interest?

Cheers

R_Pierce

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 01:53:30 PM »
75 euros.  A little pricey but it had design time in there as well.  From NLdesigns.

Benchdawg

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
Hey your bike looks great!  I have a black SC and am about to order decals from NLDesigns.  How is the quality of the decals?

R_Pierce

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
Hey your bike looks great!  I have a black SC and am about to order decals from NLDesigns.  How is the quality of the decals?

It's not bad!  But I will say that I liked my graphics from Slik much better!  It was much faster service as well.  And exactly what I asked for.

Worth checking into them if they have decals for your bike.  They also do custom.

http://www.slikgraphics.com

Jsquared89

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »
Do you know what the widest 29" tire this frame will fit? ICAN told me 29x2.1?
I'm trying to decide between this frame and the p9 to move all the parts from my 29er hardtail to. It has newer MAxxis 29x2.35 now

R_Pierce

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »
Do you know what the widest 29" tire this frame will fit? ICAN told me 29x2.1?
I'm trying to decide between this frame and the p9 to move all the parts from my 29er hardtail to. It has newer MAxxis 29x2.35 now

I do not.  Sorry

Janz99

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
Have you put many miles on the bike lately?  Anything you don't like about it so far? I'm thinking of doing a build this winter using this frame, would love to hear your feedback on it so far.

-Ryan
Large Ican P8, Dropper Post and Manitou Shock For Sale

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1588.0.html

R_Pierce

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »
Have you put many miles on the bike lately?  Anything you don't like about it so far? I'm thinking of doing a build this winter using this frame, would love to hear your feedback on it so far.

-Ryan

I have about 60 miles on the bike.  All of that single track.  Absolutely love it. 

Bigboyblue64

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
Cracking bike mate. I really want the P8 frame, but also like the P9. Can't decide which I want to go for but leaning towards P8 for the uphill sections of our trails up here. How were Ican to deal with, and how long from when you paid till delivery? And what was the total spend on that bike with Eagle set up? Cheers Tony

Jsquared89

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
Cracking bike mate. I really want the P8 frame, but also like the P9. Can't decide which I want to go for but leaning towards P8 for the uphill sections of our trails up here. How were Ican to deal with, and how long from when you paid till delivery? And what was the total spend on that bike with Eagle set up? Cheers Tony

☝️☝️What he said! Exactly same predicament I am in.

R_Pierce

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 11:52:40 PM »

They were great to deal with!  If you NEED tech support though, you are pretty much on your own.  I didnt need it as Im plenty capable of figuring things out/doing my own research so it was a no brainer for me.

I would go with the P8 if you need it for single track use, just put a 56/57mm shock on the back instead of the 50mm it calls for, and toss a 140mm on the front and you have a mid travel bike that will climb just fine.

Took about 10 days for delivery.

I added it up the other day and have roughly 4300.00 in the bike with the Eagle.  But this bike would be double that price from any large manufacturer with the parts I have on this bike.  There are no low end or even mid end parts on this bike currently outside of the crank set (which is Eagle GX). 

Below is the current build on the bike:

Ican P8 frame
X-Fusion McQueen RCP 140mm fork
Manitou Mcleod 200 x 56 rear shock
Magura MT7 raceline brakes
Shimano IceTech rotors (203 front 180 rear)
Renthal stem
Race Face SixC DH carbon bars
Fox Transfer 150mm dropper post with Wolftooth lever
WTB Team Titanium Saddle
Eagle XX1 drivetrain minus crankset (crankset is GX Eagle)
Hope Pro4/Hope Hoops wheel set
Schwalbe Nobby Nics 27.5 x 2.8

(I think thats it?)

And here is a link to an album with measurements for anyone that is wondering about the tire to seat post clearance with the longer travel shock (this gives roughly 135mm of rear travel instead of 120mm)  Looks at the caption under each photo for a description of what each picture is.

https://imgur.com/a/QaQM2
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:56:06 PM by R_Pierce »

rideczech

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »
Great detailed info here....Perfect for anyone contemplating doing a build on one of these.... 8)

Bigboyblue64

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Many thanks for that reply. Wow, you spent big, but as you say you got a bike for half the price of the bike shop prices!!
I'm hoping to go for Hope Tech components throughout, all in Anodized Orange, with a Cyan Blue frame....it'll look frickin' wicked!! Rock Shox Pike and Cane Creek DB suspension, and Light Bicycle carbon 29" wheels with Hope Pro4 hubs.
This will set me back about AU$5800 .... or US$4600. But I reckon it would cost about $9000 here in Perth Australia to buy an equivalent spec bike.
I just need to get all the costings and find the parts at the cheapest price. Also to buy from different sellers as I won't have to pay import tax if the parcels are all under $1000 each!!
I'm quite teched up so will be able to suss most things out.... and there's always Youtube, right?!!!
Well I hope you're enjoying that bike. My mates say I'm mad for buying a Chinese frame.... as they all ride round on their Chinese made Giants!!! I reckon the quality will be awesome, seeing as they make every other brand's bikes.
I'll keep you informed on my progress. Why not have a holiday and come and ride the round pea gravel here in Perth...talk about SKETCHY!!! Look what it did for Sam Hill though!
Cheers
Tony

endo.alley

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
29er

Jsquared89

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
Here's mine as it sits. Waiting on more parts