Author Topic: Hubs with SRAM xD Driver and QR skewers.  (Read 2604 times)

JohnnyNT

Hubs with SRAM xD Driver and QR skewers.
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:15:57 AM »
Hi All,

I want to upgrade my gf's bike (2011 or 2012 Cube GTC Pro 26''). The drivetrain is almost dead at the moment and she was always jealous of the ease of use of 1x11 setup that I use. Therefore, I'm strongly considering getting her a GX (maybe Eagle) groupeset. Thing is that the wheels are equipped with a standard Shimano freehub body. These are old Sun Ringle wheels with some alloy Alex rims hub, nothing special so worth replacing as well. The bigger problem rest with the frame, as she wants to keep it and it has non-changeable QR dropouts.

My question is, do you know any good hubs with xD driver and 5 mm qr axle ?

So far I have only found HOPE Pro 4 from the MTB hubs.

I also did find Novatec D411SB/D412SB set which is feather light - 325 g front + rear, straight pull.  Technically speaking those are labelled road hubs, but chinese vendors lace them to 29" Mtb rims as well. Do you think they would work with 26" rims as well ?

Do you have any other hubs in mind that might be both QR and SRAM compatible ?

bxcc

Re: Hubs with SRAM xD Driver and QR skewers.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:07:18 AM »
What's your price point? I bought a set of these for my daughters bike and they have been great. They aren't super light at 1800ish grams but they are a good value. The other plus is that the ERD is the same as the Stan's Rims (non MK3). I relaced some Crest rims to the existing spokes and hubs which widen the rim and lost 200 grams for the set.

They use DT Comp double butted spokes and 350 hubs so you can convert them to whatever you need.

https://www.ebay.com/i/302465812756