Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

CS-FS27 Sizing

(1/3) > >>

tech1451:
Having never owned a full sus bike, I am looking to build a CS-FS27 in 27.5+ but am not sure on what size to order.  I currently ride a Cannondale Trail 4 in a medium.  I'm 5'10 (178cm) with a 30" inseam. Any one have any suggestions on which frame would be a better fit?

carbonazza:
I would take a 17,5".

I'm as tall as you, but with a 34" inseam.
I took L on 3 frames so far.
Just to avoid a big drop between the saddle and the bar.
And short stems(70-80mm) to compensate the long reach.

In your case, the saddle will be much lower, and you can play with a longer stem if you like.
The best is to draw some lines based on the geometry data, and compare the 17.5" and 19" ( I use sketchup for that ).
Then compare it to your current bike. It should be quick to know which one fits best.

tech1451:
Great thanks.  After so more considering, 17.5 looks like the way to go.

GuitsBoy:
I think you made the right choice.  I dont know how it compares to what youre riding now, but the 19" I ordered has a longer reach than my current 19" frame, even though the ETT is the same.  If torn between sizes, I would have gone smaller.  Even at 6' even, I wonder if I should have sized down.

tech1451:
Thanks for the help guys. The more I get to looking, I'm unsure now if I want the FS27, the P8 or the P9. Anyone have any insight or opinion on any of these frames for trail/mountain riding.  One things that bothers me about the FS27 is that one user stated it would be hard to fit anything over a 30t in the front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version