Author Topic: How Do I Make This Work?  (Read 8448 times)

Gargamel

How Do I Make This Work?
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »
So I have been researching "open mold" etc... and found a frame style I want.

On Alibaba:
Workswell calls it the: WCB-R-125
Promance calls it the: PRO-R8014
Zongwei calls it the: Z-CB-R-097

On Aliexpress:
Smileteam ST-f119

On Ebay
Angle AG338

What's the best way about getting the bike?  Some offer custom paint -- how does that work out?

tripleDot

Re: How Do I Make This Work?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:52:20 AM »
Never heard of the others from your list except for Workswell. And Workswell had a good reputation here. But I'm in no way saying the others are bad, they all probably have the same quality frame, probably from the same source. So it is more of a how they would deal with you (i.e. being helpful, polite, and generally good communication and after sales service.

You might also want to check with Peter (Xiamen Carbon Speed) or Deng-Fu if they have a similar frame. These 2 have very good reputations here in ChinerTown.

As for the custom painting, it's pretty much you submit a design (either copied from other bikes or from your own vreative mind) and they follow it and bills you accordingly. I believe they will give you a template for it. Painting is also limited, I mean no elaborate or complicated art. You might want to check out other sections here, some folks had their frames painted so you see for yourself.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

Gargamel

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:46 AM »
Right now works well is on a big backorder (45 days) and pro lance has stock. So thinking of giving them the try so I can get it after I get back from vacation. What differences could I expect between the two suppliers?

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 08:51:06 AM »
I think the difference you can expect isn't in the finish of the frame, but more of the customer care. Peter has an excellent reputation on this site and he stands behind his products really well. If you have an issue you usually can reach out to him and have it fixed. The other companies you're looking at could be the same way, but you'd be the first one to test those waters. I'd reach out to all the companies, get quotes and get a feel for how they treat you. Are they quick to respond to emails? Do they offer you a good warranty?

Gargamel

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
I don't seee this frame on peters site.  But the two places have been responsive. One builds with t700 the other with my choice of t800 or t1000

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
I have t700 on my specialized bike and have no complaints with rigidity. If you're concerned you could use the more dense carbon, but I'd make sure it doesn't add too much weight or cost.