Author Topic: New M06 Build coming!  (Read 3384 times)

xcfreak

New M06 Build coming!
« on: August 31, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Greetings all,

After reading all the early positive reviews of this frame, I too have made the plunge! Will keep people updated on how the build progresses.

This is not my first chiner build, in late 2015, I built up a Carbonal Gaea. That bike has now done close to 20,000km and is still going strong.

Current specs for the new build are:

M06 frame 17.5 inch ORDERED
Fox Float 32 Kashima HAVE
Fox Rear shock Kashima HAVE
Ritchey WCS cockpit and seatpost, Fizik Saddle ORDERED
Shimano 1x11 Gearing, with some older shimano M785 brakes. ORDERED
Stans Crest MK3 Wheelset. YET TO ORDER

Let the fun times begin!

buszz

Re: New M06 Build coming!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
Would love to see your progress! I've been eyeballing this same frame and would love to hear your thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:48:45 PM by buszz »

ebeaupre

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
Definitely looking forward to see the progress on this build.

adbl

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »
Awesome, congratulations!!! Looking forward to seeing your build. You'll love the bike for sure  ;D

Bream

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »
Consirdering this myself, how are you getting on?

Do you mind me asking where you bought it from and what the frame price was?

Thanks,

Jeff

Klaster_1

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 06:00:06 AM »
Do you mind me asking where you bought it from and what the frame price was?
@Jeff, nooone reported other vendors besides Dengfu selling the frame yet. Mine was 660USD, plus 150USD shipping, plus 35USD PayPal fees.

lRaphl

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 07:55:15 AM »
I will then report that Peter is now selling it at xmcarbonspeed.

http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1574

:)

adbl

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
The M06 has become a very popular frame so everyone's jumping on the bandwagon! I love my M06, it's the best bike I've owned to date :)

xcfreak

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
Apologies for the massive delay between posts - mostly because the bike has been so fun to ride!! To answer a few questions:

I bought this from DengFu, frame price with shipping was just under 1000AUD
The bike arrived within 2-3 weeks, it was very quick.
It was well packed.

Build was uneventful, had some trouble with bushings but after going with 22.2mm bushings I have not had to touch it.

The bike has probably now down about 1700km. 

Before I spill the beans on this bike, this is not my first"chinese" carbon frame, I purchased a Carbonal Gaea, that bike has done 16000km according to strava, I LOVE that thing, and up until now it was my favourite bike, I have taken it off some pretty gnarly drops and descents, and the thing is as solid as a rock (for someone who weighs 65kg). That bike needs a bit of love now, but the frame and most importantly the geometry works very well for me.   I have been racing mostly carbon bikes in Australia since 2005, I am only a fairly new convert to 29ners, but now have had 3 29ners.

The DengFu M06 is without a doubt, the best bike I have EVER owned. I don't think it is all because of the frame, for instance this is my first 29ner dualie, its also the smallest bike I have owned (17.5), which suits me a little better (173cm). However, the cornering and bump abortion on this thing is just amazing. If you have a history on hardtails, this thing will not dissappoint. It still feels like a hardtail, unless you are in a full on sprint. Its not as aggressive as my previous bikes, and has a more trail bike feel, but thats great for inspiring confidence in difficult sections.  If anyone has any questions about specific handling on this bike I can try to help, but I don't know how else to say this thing is the best thing I had ridden!

Now part of the reason I am writing all this to begin with is that recently I have noticed some cracking on the clear coat on the right side of the seat stay near the rear mech. After some careful sanding it has revealed a line underneath that may or may not be a crack. I am monitoring it closely, and I have already sent an email to DengFu, but with their yearly holidays I may not hear back for another week or so, so we will see what they want to do on their end. If it turns out to be a crack, and not a mark where two peices of the frame have been joined I consider myself unlucky, but would buy another frame in a heartbeat.

The bike is just that good!