Author Topic: Ican P9 build  (Read 70950 times)

rideczech

Re: Ican P9 build
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 08:05:27 AM »
Some finished build pics.....

rideczech

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »
Another one...

rideczech

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »
Some more....

rideczech

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 05:10:45 AM »
As I couldn't find a 210x55mm shock I have used a 210x60.... giving me 163mm travel out back. Here are a couple of pictures showing clearance under full compression....

rideczech

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 06:43:39 AM »
So.... just for people's reference, here are the details:

X-FUSION sweep roughcut fork
Rock shox monarch plus shock
Hope 35/35mm stem
Raceface 6C 820mm bar
Hope tech E4 203/183mm
Hope pro4 hubs
Ican 40mm rims
DT comp spokes
Maxxis high roller 2 2.8, Maxxis Rekon 2.8 setup tubeless
XT 165mm cranks with nutrino components oval 32t XT BB.
SRAM gx mech and shifter, XTR chain 116 links needed, Sunrace 11-50t
X-FUSION Manic dropper, fizik saddle.
XT trail pedals.

Finished weight:14kg/30.86lbs

Hope this is of some use to people.
Cheers
Jody
www.rideczech.com

tmelle

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
Hi. Great build. Seems like a great bike. Which size is the frame?

rideczech

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »
Hi. Great build. Seems like a great bike. Which size is the frame?

It's a Medium frame.... I'm 5ft8 and it fits well....

Janz99

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »
Bike looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing how it holds up.

Large Ican P8, Dropper Post and Manitou Shock For Sale

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1588.0.html

rideczech

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
Bike looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing how it holds up.

Time will tell....It'll be used as my main guiding bike, to it will get plenty of use! :-)

R_Pierce

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »
Bike looks great!!  What do you think of it so far?  Have you been able to take it out on any proper single track yet??

rideczech

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 12:15:35 AM »
Not been ridden in anger yet....been busy with other things....

rideczech

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
Back from the first ride...I have ridden and owned plenty of bikes,  (worked as mechanic in bike shop, then opened and ran my own bike shop,as well as bike testing and photo shoots for the mags in the UK) so I certainly know all too well the symptoms of new bike syndrome!! So this is just a damped-down first impression!

The conditions out of the trail were beyond soaking.....5 days of rain.... The trails here are loamy, rooty, rocky. The bike is mega plush(remember that it is currently running a slightly longer stroke shock, giving 163mm out back) Traction from the 2.8's is incredible. The bike claws its way up steep, technical climbs like a mountain goat. Going down is is confidence inspiring to the degree that I hope the bike isn't going to be boring! The very long chainstays keeps things stable for sure, but a little lethargic when it comes to popping over fallen trees etc....but that said this is a completely different beast to anything that I have ridden before. All this said, the condition were horrid today, but I came home with a massive smile on my face and on many parts of the trail I found myself in awe of all the traction! Looking forward to the trails drying out and ripping down some of our tech singletrack finding the limit of this big rubbers traction!

R_Pierce

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
Back from the first ride...I have ridden and owned plenty of bikes,  (worked as mechanic in bike shop, then opened and ran my own bike shop,as well as bike testing and photo shoots for the mags in the UK) so I certainly know all too well the symptoms of new bike syndrome!! So this is just a damped-down first impression!

The conditions out of the trail were beyond soaking.....5 days of rain.... The trails here are loamy, rooty, rocky. The bike is mega plush(remember that it is currently running a slightly longer stroke shock, giving 163mm out back) Traction from the 2.8's is incredible. The bike claws its way up steep, technical climbs like a mountain goat. Going down is is confidence inspiring to the degree that I hope the bike isn't going to be boring! The very long chainstays keeps things stable for sure, but a little lethargic when it comes to popping over fallen trees etc....but that said this is a completely different beast to anything that I have ridden before. All this said, the condition were horrid today, but I came home with a massive smile on my face and on many parts of the trail I found myself in awe of all the traction! Looking forward to the trails drying out and ripping down some of our tech singletrack finding the limit of this big rubbers traction!

Hell yes!!  That makes me smile just reading it!  My P8 was nearly the same first impressions.  Love it!  Keep us posted on rides to come!

rideczech

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 07:59:56 AM »
I have a guy coming today for a few days guided riding so will get some more time on the bike. I have added some volume spacers to the shock and have it set at just under 30% sag.... feel much more poppy....

rideczech

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 02:08:43 PM »
OK....so 2nd ride out....much dryer conditions today. With the added progression to the shock and a little less sag the bike has come alive..... rear end is mega supple, plus tyres feel like cheating!, and 820mm bars let you really exploit the extra traction.... Feel sorry for my riding buddy when we get out on our local! :-)