Author Topic: carbon frame china...too many doubts ...  (Read 5965 times)

bxcc

Re: carbon frame china...too many doubts ...
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 11:23:35 AM »
Google image search for Puglia. It looks beautiful there! My wife wanted to go to the cave restaurant when we went to Italy last year. We were to far north in Malcesine. Italy is one of our favorite places.

Eneen

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
This 009 accepts only 2.1 tires.

really? I did not see it written anywhere ... then I'll let it go, I usually use the 2.20.

Yep, info from heideli:
"our frame only fit for max 2.1 tire"

For me FR-216 is too short, only 585mm TT for 17"

This Thrust 01 seems prety nice, but there is no fork dimension and no supported tire width.

I'm currently for FR-200 (FR-202) as:
- it's cheap
- it's long
- axle-axle is 1116mm for 17"
- not so light so stronger
But waiting for info what tire fits.
And info about it is poor.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:14:10 PM by Eneen »

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
I bought a frame from Peter earlier this year and imported it to Germany. You'll have to look up how import duties are calculated in Italy. What I was told concerning the EU-wide anti-dumping taxes:

There are are anti-dumping taxes for chinese bikes (especially chinese carbon) which are enforced in the EU. However those only apply to whole bikes / purchases of more than 3 essential bike parts in a month. As a private person (i.e. if you're importing without the intent of trading the imported goods) you're allowed to import up to 3 "essential bike parts" per month without the 48,5% tax applying. A frame for example would be counted as one "major bike part". If you'd buy a frame + wheelset you'd have two "essential bike parts".

It turns out this is specific for Germany. The german ministry of finances released a statement which declares private imports of up to 3 parts per month as a "minor case" to which the anti dumping doesn't apply. I'm really sorry for the confusion I caused.

One could still save a lot of money if he payed in two payments, one very low and one with the rest (like for example 100€ and 400€) ... If the declared value matched the low payment and one had an invoice for the ordered goods for the low price, the customs office could still apply taxes, but they'd be pretty low, so it wouldn't really matter too much.

Maybe you can send the customs service an email and ask how exactly they calculate import duties aswell as if there's a way around anti dumping as a private person since you don't import the frame to sell it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:31:30 AM by 0435235 »

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:37 AM »
@0435235 that is interesting. Do you have a Euro article available somewhere that states this?
Here in Belgium they are quite mad about the anti dumping, and that would be good to discuss with them.

ascianu

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »
enen with your message you make me change idea :) I see that the 216 has the seat of 31.6 and OV from 58.5 ... great for me ... it also costs less this frame ... carbonazza thanks for everything! the problem now is shipping costs for italy :(

bxcc

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »
If you go to Flyxii's website, they offer tax shelter shipping to the EU.

http://flyxii.com/en/products/flx-fr-216.html

ascianu

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
If you go to Flyxii's website, they offer tax shelter shipping to the EU.

http://flyxii.com/en/products/flx-fr-216.html

yes, I had already seen ... prices are very cheap! but what is that kind of expedition?

ascianu

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »

I think I will buy the frame from flyxii. the prices are cheap and it looks serious. now I just have to understand if the option "tax shelter shipping to europe" will not give me any trouble with the controls or additional costs. I have sent an e-mail but I have not yet received a reply

carbonazza

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
@0435235, thanks for the clarification.
If you can provide any link to a text, even in German, that would be great.
It could help on my crusade here with the Belgian customs :)

ascianu

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »

I got the answer from flyxii ... he told me that the "tax shelter to shipping in europe" method is not XDB but it is a courier that ships first in France and then in my country and will think he will not charge me extra fees  ???
I hope so  ;D

Eneen

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
There is also IP-901 from Iplay, but some data doesn't seem to be ok. I'm currently talking to Iplay so let you know.

ascianu

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:14 PM »
There is also IP-901 from Iplay, but some data doesn't seem to be ok. I'm currently talking to Iplay so let you know.

of course! thank you

Eneen

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 02:33:26 AM »
Here are dimensions for 901 frame. It seems wheel base and BB-to-front don't match: either WB is too long (should be about 1092) or BB-to-front to short (should be about 676mm). Hope second one. I'll let you know when I get answer from Bert.

Flyxii FR-202/FR-200:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-FR-202-Full-carbon-UD-Glossy-29ER-Mountain-Bicycle-Bike-MTB-Frame-BSA/32299199635.html
and Iplay IP-FMT02:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/chinese-carbon-frame-Cheap-MTB-carbon-frame-29er-hard-tail-carbon-bike-frame-disc-brake-Di2/113259_32673555837.html
seem to be same models, except weight: 100g difference.
Take a look, maybe you will find other differences.
These frames seem to be nice, but have low BB-drop: 53mm, so you will be sitting 5mm higher then usual.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:41:56 AM by Eneen »