Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82566 times)

emu26

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2023, 03:42:43 PM »
Hi guy's I'm having trouble with bleeding the brakes, I've been trying in several different ways but I cant get the rear brake to it's full potential.

My guess is that it is air in the hoose under the crank, I've been whipping the handle, twisting the handle, tried to bleed the brakes according to shimanos guide, I've been trying to do it the traditional way as you do it on cars but I'm a not satisfied.

Is there anyone else that's been having the same kind of issues?

Lift your front wheel high enough that the crank, and the section of hose that goes under it, are higher than the rear caliper.  Leave it like this for a couple of days and the air will rise to the lever end.  If you are having trouble lifting the front wheel high enough then undo the rear caliber from the frame and let it hang lower to help with the height difference.  Otherwise just follow the shimano guide.

I will note that I have had an XT on the rear of my sons bike that presented problems for ages before it finally failed. It would slowly loose "bite" and the lever would very slowly get more and more spongey. Looked everywhere for signs of oil leaking out and could never find any. Then one day the seal on the piston failed. It was replaced and failed again some time later. So I replaced the whole lever assembly and the brake has been fine since. I suspect that there was a small manufacturing fault in the cylinder that allowed a very slow leak.