Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 81410 times)

Noniinno

LCFS911 full suspension
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:04:10 AM »
Any experiences? Looks good, light weight, cable routing is ok, rear brake is good position at chainstay, reasonable reach, low stack, perfect head angle. Could be perfect XC-29er race machine.
http://www.yishunbike.com/mtb_frames-137-29er-full-suspension-mtb-xc-carbon-frame-lcfs911
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:54:00 PM by Noniinno »

circoloco

Re: lcfs911 full sus
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »
Wow, interesting find. This one looks like the best copy of the SCOTT SPARK RC 900 so far. Really nice, except:
  • Chainstays are 8mm longer than the Scott
  • No XL Version available (so nothing for me)
Otherwise it looks brillant.

Klaster_1

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
Chainstays are 8mm longer than the Scott
  • No XL Version available (so nothing for me)
The newsletter about bike show did mention 21" version, but actual web site does not. Maybe they'll make it available later. Never hurts to ask directly.

adbl

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
That's a lot of bike there for only 100mm of travel  :-\

circoloco

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:24:38 AM »
The newsletter about bike show did mention 21" version, but actual web site does not.
Thanks, so there is hope for us tall boys. Nice. I asked them directly, let's see what Monday has to offer.

@adbl: the original has also 100mm. My friend has one in large and it's fun on trails, but still  a XC race/marathon bike...

adbl

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
Not a whole lot of choices right now for a 165 x 40mm shock. Chiner builders like to try and use what they already have or buy something used or cheap...........

circoloco

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
Yishunbike (auto-) replied on September 9, silence ever since. More responsiveness around elsewhere.
Still, I like the frame...

EDIT: just got word from Yishuns sister company - no XL version available :(
Too bad, I was really starting to fall in love with this frame.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:01:17 AM by circoloco »

teeroy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on this LCFS911 17.5" farme from lightcarbon.com.  They just shipped it today with tracking #r.  Order to ship date took over 30 days.  I went with the Trunnion mount option for the rear shock.  I'm haveing problems finding a trunnion shock that fits the demensions. 165x40mm. Any ideas?  I also liked the cable routing and rear brake placement insde the rear triangle.   This will be my second China bike build and First FS build.  Kinda scared with all the extra moving parts.  I would love to hear if anyone else has built this frame and maybe a parts list..  I would hate to be the first!  I'll be posting picks of the frame and wheelset when it arrives. After that I hope my build gose smoothly.  I look forward to keeping this LCFS911 thred going.  Hope the LCFS911 frame is a big hit!     

teeroy

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
Recieved my frame and wheel set :)  Here are some pics!  My next goal is to find a rear shock with a trunnion mount that fits!  If anyone has a link to a fox Nude that will work on this frame please let me know.  I plan on building this slow over the winter so don't expect a fully built bike anytime soon.  That said I'll post pics as I proceed witht he build. Has anyone else bought this frame on this thred?  Anyone?  Anyone? 

carbonazza

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »
Is the weight as promised?
The frame looks great, even for a hardtail fan like me  ;)

Noniinno

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »
Anyone?  Anyone?

Ordered and paid the frame a month ago from Light Carbon Bikes. They haven´t got it ready for shipping yet...Promised two weeks. Gavin Woo answers my mails with 2-4 days delay. Typical Chinese customer service. I´ll wait a week, and then will open dispute with PayPal if they havent got it posted. This suppose to be my XC-weapon for next season. I  already have parts like Carbon/American Classic wheels, RF Next SL Cranks with 32NW oval chainring, XT gearbox, XTR brakes, Reba 100mm fork, Monarch 38x165 RTC shock, Schwalbe Rocket Ron tyres, Brand-X dropper seatpost, Easton bar.. Only thing I need is the frame...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:48:07 PM by Noniinno »

mercenary

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 05:14:45 AM »
really awesome frame, but damn its hard to find 165X40 and 165X45 trunnion shocks.

it seems like only the OEMs have access to them?

Java82

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 06:49:49 AM »
Recieved my frame and wheel set :)  Here are some pics!  My next goal is to find a rear shock with a trunnion mount that fits!  If anyone has a link to a fox Nude that will work on this frame please let me know.  I plan on building this slow over the winter so don't expect a fully built bike anytime soon.  That said I'll post pics as I proceed witht he build. Has anyone else bought this frame on this thred?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Hi. Can you put more pictures of the frame? are you riding? if you can put photos would be appreciated. thank you very much

teeroy

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
Yup.  I weighed the frame and with the rear axle and wood shock spacer it comes out to 68.oz or 1927.77 grams.  I'm guessing the wood spacer and axle is 2-3 oz. total. 
  Since I can't find a affordable trunnion shock that fits  I might email lightcarbon and Ask them if I can buy the hardware for a standard shock.  since this is my first F/S build I not sure what is entailed in converting it back from trunnion to standard.  I hope its just a few spacers.  can anyone educate me on this?  Again if anyone has a link to a trunnion shock that fits and is affordable please post it.  If you want me to take a specific picture of the frame let me know and I'll post it.   Here is some more detailed pics.     

teeroy

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »
more pics