Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82628 times)

Cerps

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2020, 12:04:20 PM »
I'm 6ft but really long legs and shorter arms, i use a 80mm stem, doesn't feel cramp. My main issue with the frame is i can't add air to the trunnion shock without partly removing it from the frame, i see this has been amended on later frames, but know good for me! rides well but isn't as pedal efficient as my pivot 429 but its much lighter and slacker head angle

Thanks for the feedback Chris. I'm assuming you're on a 19" frame? That makes me a little nervous. While I'm about 5'8.5" (68.5",174cm) my wingspan is 5'10.875" (70.875", 180cm). Being right in between sizes with +3 ape index makes frame fitting interesting.  Hopefully a 740mm bar and 80mm stem gets it long enough for me and steers ok. Aside from going with a name brand frame it seems the only longer reach options are something like a Carbonda 936, lcfs958, etc. But those are starting to look more trail than xc when you have a 120mm fork

Cerps

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
Has anybody found a good downtube protector for the lcfs911? I'm thinking hard plastic rather than the film type. Worst case I could try kidex or whatever it's called

cnoble87

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »
sorry, yes its a 19" yes its tricky to say for sure, all i know is if i go for smaller frame the seatpost ends up over max! i use the lizard skin downtube skin, or effetto do a 3mm thick helitape which i have used in the past, lizard skin stuff looks better though

swop

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2020, 04:06:24 PM »
does L size fit on 189cm heigh or it to small?

cnoble87

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2020, 01:51:29 AM »
would say potentially too small, do scott have a size guide for the spark? would start running out of seatpost

Aldenceise

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2020, 08:08:11 PM »
Bike came pretty quick, packaged well. I built it up over the winter and have been riding a few months now ~100mi / wk on good mix of XC and trail in New England. Feels solid still and I ask a lot of it doing sprints @ 6'1" 200lbs. No creaks, the frame feels relatively solid considering its weight. The frame came well assembled and properly torqued from LC who have been fast to respond to communications thus far the couple of times I had questions.

It took me a while to adapt coming from a Specialized Epic FS I retired last Fall. My times were at first roughly equal to what I was doing on the Epic but are much improved now. I went with the Shimano 10-51T groupset with a 34T up front. You cannot put a 36T up front — it won't fit and will dig into the chainstay without a spacer that'll mess up shifting. This is my biggest gripe since I prefer a 36T up front. The 51T rear gear is useless with the front 34 and almost never used so I'd rather have better gear range the other end. I plan to go with the cassette that doesn't have the 51T cog when I replace it.

Suspension is off a Spark, Fox 32 100mm up front. I, too, have the problem of needing to remove the bottom bolt of the rear suspension Fox Nude 100mm to fully access the Schrader valve on it. The problem is that the notch on the frame's side for pump access is only on one half of one side, and it's the wrong side. You cannot just spin the Nude 180 degrees to fix this because then the valve is facing the rear of the bike — only the front half is cut for it. You cannot flip it 180 degrees vertically without losing rear lockout — a deal breaker for me.

Overall a good bike, happy with it so far.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:24:18 AM by Aldenceise »

StefanB

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2020, 02:08:04 PM »
Hi. Has anyone built the LCFS911 as a mullet with 29" on the front and 27.5" on the rear? Will the geometri be crazy or will it work?

Nenokkias(fin)

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2020, 04:29:12 AM »
 911 is on sale now! 

Aldenceise

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2020, 09:03:46 AM »
Hi. Has anyone built the LCFS911 as a mullet with 29" on the front and 27.5" on the rear? Will the geometri be crazy or will it work?
I think the geometry would work perfect with 100mm front travel mullet. 110mm might put it too big in the front for what it was designed, but I imagine it would still work as well as most other solutions.

StefanB

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2020, 10:00:06 AM »
Thanks. My frame is now in Swedish customs so I guess I will have it this week.

I have started buying component, but I have not bough a fork yet.

Right now I think I will buy a 27.5" fork with 110-120 mm travel, 170 mm cranks and built the bike with 27.5" wheels. (have to built it small, its not for me) If the BB height is to low I can use 27.5+ tires.

Or I could make a "mullet light"  with + Tire in front and 27.5" rear. I don't think I will go for any 29" parts on my first attempt.

This is the first bike I will build. If you more experienced builders thinks my ideas are totally crazy, fell free to comment.

Cerps

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2020, 11:19:15 PM »
I sheared off the non-drive side of the lower swing arm bolt on my 91x today.  I heard a couple weird noises but didn't notice until the drive side started to back out and knocked my chain off.  About 1000 total miles on the frame.  Maybe 200 pavement and 800 pretty flat singletrack with some small jumps.  I only weigh 140lbs.  Does anyone know of a source other than LightCarbon to get this?  In my search for trunnion bolts I found that the Evil bike bolts worked.  Looking around the Evil site the Delta pivot kits look similar.  I didn't know if anyone has figured out if Lightcarbon uses any standard suspension hardware.

Aldenceise

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »
I sheared off the non-drive side of the lower swing arm bolt on my 91x today.  I heard a couple weird noises but didn't notice until the drive side started to back out and knocked my chain off.  About 1000 total miles on the frame.  Maybe 200 pavement and 800 pretty flat singletrack with some small jumps.  I only weigh 140lbs.  Does anyone know of a source other than LightCarbon to get this?  In my search for trunnion bolts I found that the Evil bike bolts worked.  Looking around the Evil site the Delta pivot kits look similar.  I didn't know if anyone has figured out if Lightcarbon uses any standard suspension hardware.
Sounds like a time sink, sorry. Let us know how it turns out and how LightCarbon handles it. I'd email on my receipt chain and offer to pay them to ship a couple replacements, I would hope they could come through on that.

Aldenceise

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »
Thanks. My frame is now in Swedish customs so I guess I will have it this week.

I have started buying component, but I have not bough a fork yet.

Right now I think I will buy a 27.5" fork with 110-120 mm travel, 170 mm cranks and built the bike with 27.5" wheels. (have to built it small, its not for me) If the BB height is to low I can use 27.5+ tires.

Or I could make a "mullet light"  with + Tire in front and 27.5" rear. I don't think I will go for any 29" parts on my first attempt.

This is the first bike I will build. If you more experienced builders thinks my ideas are totally crazy, fell free to comment.

I think you're doing it right. I went with 29" front and rear with 100mm front travel. Front tire is a 2.6" and rear tire is a 2.2". It is fast but there are times I wish I had more plushness in the front.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2020, 08:30:23 PM »
I've got an Evil Following MB.  Let me know if you want me to measure something.

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
Just got my frame in today. Ordered it at the beginning of the month. Still waiting for some parts to arrive.

Does the top headset bearing it comes with just go directly against the headtube? I was expecting one of those retainer things to go in first but I didn't have any of those included.