Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82621 times)

carbonazza

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2020, 05:43:33 PM »
Does the top headset bearing it comes with just go directly against the headtube?

In general, yes.
It should seat flush with the frame or just above.
If too deep, you may have received some thin shims to put below the top cover.
To avoid the cover to rub against the frame.

Andreas_SWE

« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2020, 02:09:36 AM »
Hi.

If your are 180 cm long like I am should you go for a M or L?
I hate beening in between :(

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2020, 02:33:58 PM »
Hi.

If your are 180 cm long like I am should you go for a M or L?
I hate beening in between :(

I'm 165cm and went with a M, so if I was you I'd go for a L. Although I haven't actually tried mine yet haha, still missing some pieces.

Cerps

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »
I sheared off the non-drive side of the lower swing arm bolt on my 91x today.  I heard a couple weird noises but didn't notice until the drive side started to back out and knocked my chain off.  About 1000 total miles on the frame.  Maybe 200 pavement and 800 pretty flat singletrack with some small jumps.  I only weigh 140lbs.  Does anyone know of a source other than LightCarbon to get this?  In my search for trunnion bolts I found that the Evil bike bolts worked.  Looking around the Evil site the Delta pivot kits look similar.  I didn't know if anyone has figured out if Lightcarbon uses any standard suspension hardware.

I worked with Light Carbon and they are sending me a replacement. Being shipping costs $22 and it takes a while I have 2 of all the suspension hardware coming. Once here and I can measure, I'm going to try and source stainless hardware. We just set up a machine shop at work so worst case I can machine down bolts that are close.

It took over a week for Light Carbon to ship them out. Luckily DHL shipping seems to be moving quickly. It can't get here soon enough. My hardtail fat bike with 29+ wheels beats me up on the trails. I'm spoiled by the full suspension

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2020, 01:33:58 PM »
Ran into a big problem fitting on the rear tire today. The Magura MT5 caliper is hitting the rear inside triangle. It's just a few mm off, so I think I'll try filing down the caliper housing. Can't return them anyways since I ordered them months ago from Germany haha.

StefanB

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »
I received my frame today. First impression of quality and finish is great. My intention is to build this for my wife and since she is 164 cm the framesize is small. I got a great deal on 27.5" wheels with 2.35" tyres, new, so I will try building the bike with these wheels. Hopefully the BB height will not be to low.
I also got a 2:nd hand Fox Elite 32 fork, 100 mm travel that I will use. To save height the cranks are 170 mm and the chainring is 30 teeth. (low gears for steep climbing)
The drivetrain is Shimano Deore with 11-51 in the cassette. The brakes are Shimano BR-MT400 + BL-MT401.

I will keep you posted how things work out. If it does not work out with the 27.5" wheels I will have to sell them and buy 29".

My first decision now is if I should paint the frame or use it as it is. It looks cool in black, but with the right color it will look more "finished".

numberzero

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2020, 02:04:26 PM »
Ran into a big problem fitting on the rear tire today. The Magura MT5 caliper is hitting the rear inside triangle. It's just a few mm off, so I think I'll try filing down the caliper housing. Can't return them anyways since I ordered them months ago from Germany haha.
I read the same problem with scott spark frame and magura brakes. The guy used the solution you mentionned.

StefanB

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2020, 01:53:25 AM »
I have just put the parts together to make a measurement with 27.5" wheels.

What do you think, will the BB be to low? Will use 170 mm cranks.

StefanB

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2020, 12:09:44 AM »
There are a lot of parts needed to build a bike.

And I thought I had all I needed. Started building the bike yesterday and one thing I am  missing, that's very important, is a correct bushing kit for the rear shocker mount. There was a Kit supplied with the frame but that did not work with my Rock Shox Monarch R. So I put it together with spacers, but It cant be riden like this.

I did struggle a bit with getting the housing for the rear derailleur  and rear brake in place. But I managed to get all in place. Today I will shorten the brake housings and bleed the brakes.

I am happy with the frame. It fells well thought through and well built. But it is small. I ordered a size Small for my wife without really reading the figures, but measuring it now I would rather say its size XS. Even if a replace the tires with 27.5+ or shock and tires with 29", the reach and top tube length is short. Its supposed to be a surprise on her birthday in three weeks so im in a but of a difficult situation in this issue.

carbonazza

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2020, 02:22:31 AM »
...Its supposed to be a surprise on her birthday in three weeks so im in a but of a difficult situation in this issue....

Ouch! A longer stem and a seatpost with an offset couldn't compensate?

theirishrider

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2020, 06:21:41 AM »
Nice build! Where did you get that rubber frame protection? Thanks

StefanB

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2020, 11:29:27 PM »
The Chain Protector is from "RAAW Mountain Bikes"

https://raawmtb.com/collections/parts

StefanB

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »
Starting to get the pieces together

I am waiting for the "bush kit" for the rear damper mount and I also have to see what I have done wrong with the crank. On the lowest 3 gears the chain falls of the front chainring.

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2020, 07:02:16 AM »
Looks great! Did yours not come with a chain stay protector pre-installed?

I am also waiting for the bushing kit. Ordered mine from Amazon and it's been a month and still haven't gotten it. At least they gave me a 5$ giftcard lul.

For the crank could it be the bottom bracket spacers? I used a sram BB and it came with a 2mm spacer. In hindsight I should have measured things but didn't and just slapped it in there. I'm also still waiting for my cassette so can't test shifting yet.

StefanB

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2020, 03:17:44 AM »
Hi. The Chain-stay protector is ordered from Raaw MTB

https://raawmtb.com/collections/parts/products/chainstay-guard

Everything is solved and its embarrassing to say what it was... It was the chainlock that was not fully extended so it gav me a stiff link and the chain dropped. Whit that installed correct the shifting works perfect.  So now I am "only" waiting for the bushings, also ordered on Amazon.