Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82615 times)

StefanB

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2020, 06:48:51 AM »
With 2 sets of the bushing kits all fited perfecly and the rear shock could be mounted in place

Im building tihs as a trailbike more than a XC bike. So the front chainring is 30 teeth, the rear 11-51. All parts in the groupset are Shimano Deore

There are some small things left to adjust and a dropper post will be fitted, but the bike is now very close to finished.

I am very happy with the Light Carbon LCFS911 frame so far. Everything has fitted perfecly and the finish of all parts is really good.

Aldenceise

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2020, 06:26:56 PM »
Looks great! Did yours not come with a chain stay protector pre-installed?

I am also waiting for the bushing kit. Ordered mine from Amazon and it's been a month and still haven't gotten it. At least they gave me a 5$ giftcard lul.

For the crank could it be the bottom bracket spacers? I used a sram BB and it came with a 2mm spacer. In hindsight I should have measured things but didn't and just slapped it in there. I'm also still waiting for my cassette so can't test shifting yet.
Mine needed the spacer. I didn't put it at first and there was some play and shifting issues. The spacer resolved it.

xz01

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2020, 07:15:21 PM »
With 2 sets of the bushing kits all fited perfecly and the rear shock could be mounted in place

Im building tihs as a trailbike more than a XC bike. So the front chainring is 30 teeth, the rear 11-51. All parts in the groupset are Shimano Deore

There are some small things left to adjust and a dropper post will be fitted, but the bike is now very close to finished.

I am very happy with the Light Carbon LCFS911 frame so far. Everything has fitted perfecly and the finish of all parts is really good.

Hey Stefan! I saw you also built up a LCFS958, which one do you like more?

StefanB

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2020, 01:01:53 AM »
Im building the LCFS911 in size S for my wife and the LCFS958 in size L for me. So I cant really compare them. I ride more aggressive so the longer reach, the longer travel, on the LCFS958 suits me better. But I'm impressed with the LCFS911 frame, it fells well thought through and solid and right now they are selling it really cheap (september month) so it really a bargain if you want a light bike with a little shorter travel.

StefanB

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2020, 12:03:21 PM »
Now my LCFS911 is ready for the woods.

Parts used:

LCFS911 from from Light Carbon
Wheels, Shimano MT500
Bar, Brand X Riser
Rear shock, Rock Shox Monarch R
Fork, Fox elite 32 100 mm
Headset, Richey Comp
Brakes, Shimano MT401
Bottom bracket Shimano Deore
Crank, shifter, cassette, derailleur, Shimano Deore
Pedals, Nukeproof neutron
Sadle, Brand X

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2020, 09:34:13 AM »
Looks great @StefanB!

Finished my build up and have 4 rides in on it now. It's my first mtb since I was in highschool with 26inch wheels haha. The 29er wheels are crazy, can just roll over anything. Although for really technical rocky trails I might be a little concerned about bottom-bracket clearance with smaller wheels. I had quite a few pedal strikes, but it is probably also my terrible technique.

350MB wheels from lightcarbon
Lightcarbon bar + headset
Magura MT5 + Shimano mt200
zitto stem
sram eagle sx
random cheap amazon aluminum pedals
aliexpress saddle
rock shox monarch rl 165x38
rock shox sektor 120mm
aliexpress zoom dropper (too long for me haha, at least it was cheap), replacing this with a oneup v2 120mm that's in the mail.

Biggest problem I ran into is the magura caliper not fitting in the rear triangle. I was planning on printing/machining my own bracket to move the mount to somewhere better. But my temporary shimano brake is just so much easier bleed I'm considering just switching to a higher level shimano system. The magura bleed process (at least for mt5 style) is awful and makes a mess.

StefanB

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2020, 10:09:27 AM »
I have rebuilt the LCFS911. On the first image it is built with 27.5" wheels and a matching fork with 100 mm travel. I gave it to my wife on hear birthday and she tried it. She usually rides a SUP Hardtail. This felt very different and the felt as  the pedals where to low, to close to the ground hitting rocks and stuff. So I decided to make some changes.

The frame is made for 27.5"+ or 29". So I bought a 2:nd had 29" fork with 120 mm travel, a 29" front-wheel and a fat 27.5+ tire for the back wheel. (27.5*2.8) This increased the BB hight with more than 20 mm so now the bike suits her better. Its a kind of "mullet bike" and i think it turned out really nice.

StefanB

« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2020, 02:13:26 AM »
Done with my third Light Carbon bike. For myself I have built a LCFS958 and for the rest of the family I have built 2 LCFS911. For the future I am really curious abouth the LCFS947 frame.

Overall I am very happy with the quality of the Light Carbon frames and they are great to ride.

Jeroen

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »
Hello to all,

My LCFS911 frame arrived last weekend and I'm excited to get working on this. Whilst searching for parts, I stumbled over the possibility to play a bit with the rake / offset of the fork.
Now of course I know that this can be a matter of taste and also that Lightcarbon is suggesting a 51mm offset.

What I'm planning, is a light XC bike for longer trails with only a couple of hills and descends. An occasional mountain trip is always fun, BTW.
So basically, for the rear, a Monarch RL would do. The front is a different story, I'm looking at a 100mm Fox 32 with 44mm offset but I'm unsure.

So here's my question: what fork with what offset are you riding on the LCFS911 and what can you recommend in A) 100/120 and B) offset 44 or 51.

Of course, I'll share some pics of the build. Just as a pre-warning: I'm thinking towards an old Klein paint job for this one.

Thanks all.....

1950detroit

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2021, 06:17:22 PM »
Just did the final shakedown. Very happy with the feel and power delivery.
Specs:
Fox shock (Trek Top Fuel Takeoff)
SRAM XX crankset + Quarq Power Meter
XO1 AXS Eagle 12 speed mini Group
SRAM Level TLM brakes
Amazon $20 disc rotors (fantastic)
Light Bicycle RD934-TR Carbon rims
Profile racing Hubs (USA made)
EThirteen 9-46 12 speed cassette
Following parts from Scott Spark takeoff:
Rockshox Sid 100mm fork Boost
Syncros Carbon Seatpost, Bars, stem
24.5lbs with pedals & Wahoo mounted
Size 19”
Took approx 2 months from order (Nov 20, 2020) to delivery
About $3500 invested combination of new and used parts

ocmtb

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2021, 07:34:38 PM »
Very nice rig! I just pulled the trigger myself on the 911 frame. Crossing my fingers as this is my first buy. ;D

Question: regarding the hardware for the rear shock, did the frame include the hardware? Tried to reach out to Wendy at Light Carbon regarding this question and so far no response yet (post 24 hours). Thanks!

Nenokkias(fin)

« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2021, 08:49:08 AM »
Very nice rig! I just pulled the trigger myself on the 911 frame. Crossing my fingers as this is my first buy. ;D

Question: regarding the hardware for the rear shock, did the frame include the hardware? Tried to reach out to Wendy at Light Carbon regarding this question and so far no response yet (post 24 hours). Thanks!

Mine was coming with 165x38 stardard hardware and trunnion bolts.. i pretty sure you have those too

Wiener

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2021, 02:30:57 AM »
did anyone built a the frame with an Trunnion shock with a remote lock out? So yes, how went the cable routing to the shock?

teeroy

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »
Straight out the bottom from the shock and out the side of your choice on top

/Users/tgustafson/Desktop/IMG_5594-X3.jpg
/Users/tgustafson/Desktop/IMG_5591-X3.jpg
/Users/tgustafson/Desktop/IMG_5605-X3.jpg

MTB2223

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »
/Users/tgustafson/Desktop/IMG_5594-X3.jpg
/Users/tgustafson/Desktop/IMG_5591-X3.jpg