Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82638 times)

Wiener

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
@Terroy, do you use a Trunnion shock our a normal shock, because the TRunnion shock comes more to the bottom of the frame. I had a Trifox frame and it was a pain in the ass to install the cable to the shock. If this is the same with the LCFS911 then I will make the shock with a manual lever and not from  the handle bar. Anyone had this issue?

gbrnole

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »
Just did the final shakedown. Very happy with the feel and power delivery.
Specs:
Fox shock (Trek Top Fuel Takeoff)
SRAM XX crankset + Quarq Power Meter
XO1 AXS Eagle 12 speed mini Group
SRAM Level TLM brakes
Amazon $20 disc rotors (fantastic)
Light Bicycle RD934-TR Carbon rims
Profile racing Hubs (USA made)
EThirteen 9-46 12 speed cassette
Following parts from Scott Spark takeoff:
Rockshox Sid 100mm fork Boost
Syncros Carbon Seatpost, Bars, stem
24.5lbs with pedals & Wahoo mounted
Size 19”
Took approx 2 months from order (Nov 20, 2020) to delivery
About $3500 invested combination of new and used parts

this is a great build! do you mind if i ask how tall you are? i'm between a medium and a large and trying to figure out which is the best way to go. i'm guessing from your saddle height and stem length that you're probably a fair bit taller than me.

Wiener

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »
@Terroy, do you use a Trunnion shock our a normal shock, because the TRunnion shock comes more to the bottom of the frame. I had a Trifox frame and it was a pain in the ass to install the cable to the shock. If this is the same with the LCFS911 then I will make the shock with a manual lever and not from  the handle bar. Anyone had this issue?

Nobody?? Maybe someone is able to send a picture how the cable comes out of the frame near the rear shock? Is this a big hole?
Thanks guys!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:54:09 AM by Wiener »

gbrnole

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
Nobody?? Maybe someone is able to send a picture how the cable comes out of the frame near the rear shock? Is this a big hole?
Thanks guys!!

the best visual of the shock mount on the most recent models is probably from this post on page 5. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1306.msg20249.html#msg20249

petokiso

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2021, 02:17:46 PM »
Hi,
I would like to ask, what kind of crank do you use? Is it necessary to use boost one ?

Wiener

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Which crank do you use? At Sram cranks the chainring can be changed. Shimano cranks depent.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 02:07:17 PM by Wiener »

petokiso

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2021, 01:06:09 PM »
I have Shimano m7100 cranks with 34t chainring. I know, that boost cranks have different chainline than this. But I dont know, if there is other differnece between this cranks than chainlain. For example distance between cranks or axle width.

gbrnole

« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
I have Shimano m7100 cranks with 34t chainring. I know, that boost cranks have different chainline than this. But I dont know, if there is other differnece between this cranks than chainlain. For example distance between cranks or axle width.

Shimano non-boost M7100 has a 52mm chainline which is basically the same as a SRAM boost chainline so should work just fine. The axle width and q-factor of M7100 non-boost and boost cranks is the same. the only difference is shimano M7100 boost cranks have a 55mm chainline.

Jeroen

« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2021, 03:18:06 AM »
I need some help please. I'm trying to take my lcfs911 apart to get it painted.
Im able to get the trunnion bolts apart, no problem. However, bit the lower pivots as well as the upper pivots are stuck. The bolt says 10nm and I'm struggling to lever more power on them.
To be more precise, both the upper and lower pivots, I can unscrew the nut, but the bolt remains stuck.
Have any of you dealt with this and how did you solve it? I'm thinking of heading the bolt as I assume there's some kind of loctite applied.

gbrnole

« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2021, 10:55:11 AM »
I need some help please. I'm trying to take my lcfs911 apart to get it painted.
Im able to get the trunnion bolts apart, no problem. However, bit the lower pivots as well as the upper pivots are stuck. The bolt says 10nm and I'm struggling to lever more power on them.
To be more precise, both the upper and lower pivots, I can unscrew the nut, but the bolt remains stuck.
Have any of you dealt with this and how did you solve it? I'm thinking of heading the bolt as I assume there's some kind of loctite applied.
10 Nm is the recommended maximum tightening torque to be applied when assembling the frame. To disassemble it may require more force to break free the thread locking compound. Unfortunately it's not unusual for the frame to come from the factory with the suspension pivot bolts torqued significantly higher than they should be.

All told, disassemble the suspension pivot bolts with a regular ratcheting wrench that you can get sufficient torque on to break the thread lock. If the nuts are off you should be able to push out the bolts by hand or very lightly tap them out with a rubber mallet and punch.

Reassemble the suspension pivot bolts with a torque wrench set to 10 Nm and fresh thread lock on the bolt threads.

Jeroen

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »
Thanks for the help! I was not expecting the factory would put that much force on the bolts.
I'll give it a try again. This time, i will put some boiling water over it beforehand. Perhaps the old trick helps.

acedeuce802

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2021, 11:01:42 AM »
Just did the final shakedown. Very happy with the feel and power delivery.
Specs:
SRAM XX crankset + Quarq Power Meter
XO1 AXS Eagle 12 speed mini Group
SRAM Level TLM brakes
Amazon $20 disc rotors (fantastic)
Light Bicycle RD934-TR Carbon rims
Profile racing Hubs (USA made)
EThirteen 9-46 12 speed cassette
Syncros Carbon Seatpost, Bars, stem
24.5lbs with pedals & Wahoo mounted
Size 19”
Took approx 2 months from order (Nov 20, 2020) to delivery
About $3500 invested combination of new and used parts
I've got this frame now!  1950detroit sold me the frame, fork, shock, handlebars, stem (I swapped to 80mm Syncros stem instead of his 120mm stem), seatpost, and saddle.  I had most of the parts laying around, just had to buy a crank, chain, and a few little parts.

Specs:
SRAM XO GXP crankset (started it's life as a 2x, swapped on a 32t ring)
11-speed GX derailleur, XX1 shifter, X01 cassette, XX1 chain
Formula Cura 2 brakes
Amazon $20 disc rotors
Speedsafe rims, ZTTO 54t hubs, Pillar Wing 20 spokes, Sapim brass spokes (I built them)
Vittoria Mezcal XC 29x2.25 (I'm curious to try a Barzo front)
Syncros Carbon Seatpost, Bars, stem, saddle, grips
Bontrager comp pedals

Build ended up at 23.2 lbs with pedals, and 23.6 with dual bottle cage.  I 3d printed the bracket to hold both cages at the perfect angle, could maybe make an aluminum version that's lighter, but I'm not worried about it, the bracket itself is around 100g and the ABS part seems plenty strong.  First ride was a success, the bike was really fast, it's about 1 lb lighter than my hardtail so having a lighter bike with the sting taken off the rear end was nice.  I only felt any noticeable bob when standing and pedaling hard, and it's nothing major.  The noise I heard was the topping out of the DPS shock, but I think I need to add rebound damping and soften the air spring.  I added McMaster neoprene foam around the cables so those are silent, which is really nice!  I'm hoping this bike will be the perfect XC and long distance bike.  My favorite ride is a 57 miler with 18 miles of very rooty old-school singletrack, 21 miles of flow trail, and the rest is gravel to get in between.  My hardtail makes my joints ache by the end and my trail bike is just so heavy.  The goal of this bike is to cut the difference.  I think my biggest surprise was how nimble the bike was.  My hardtail is a Transition Vanquish, which is 67 HTA (which should match the 911 HTA once sagged), 75 STA, short chainstays, but the LCFS911 feels SO much more nimble around tight turns.

Slappa

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »
What size of rear shock did you use on the Lcfs911?
I would quess a 165*45?
I have a 200*48 that I would like to use, perhaps not ideal but do you think it would fit?

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »
I would quess a 165*45?
I have a 200*48 that I would like to use, perhaps not ideal but do you think it would fit?
Won't work, too long eye to eye, 200 vs 165.

Cerps

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2021, 05:53:47 PM »
I would quess a 165*45?
Light carbon suggests no larger than 165x40. I had one that I didn't keep and think you might be able to run 165x42.5 with just enough clearance so the brace between the seat stays doesn't but the seat tube at full compression