Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82623 times)

Jeroen

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2021, 02:29:31 AM »
I thought I'd share my experience with disassembling the lcfs911 as I found it a bit uncommon or at least different then expected.
Background:  disassembling for paint, the frame ist still new.

The rear triangle joints obviously mention 10nm and I was wondering why I couldn't open the upper joints. It turned out, that the screw is on the inside of the triangle. The outside is the bushing which (in my case) is solidly fixed with the frame.
The trick i used is to losen the big axle of the rear triangle to get some space, then open the middle joint on one side to get some further room and only then open the upper joints from the inside.
For me, this is uncommon at the least but perhaps someone can use the experience in order to keep the bushing on the outside in one piece (mine now show clear traces of opening attempts).

This led me to (positive) see that the bearings are high quality ones from enduro and (negative) that the main axle of the rear drive uses tiny spacers between arm and bearing where I question the durability.

Jeroen

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2021, 12:49:11 AM »
Here's an update to my disassemble post after sharing my experiences with lightcarbon.
I must say: immediate, professional reply with a picture of how they've already updated the newer versions of the lcfs911. Perhaps some of you might find this helpful. There will be no more bushings visible on the outside of the rear triangle which is a good improvement!

Wiener

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2021, 02:36:35 AM »
Does anyone knows how long the shipping time takes? My frame is send (first update at 5h of April) to The Netherlands bij EMS. Light Carbon told me that it would take 3 to 4 weeks before I would recieve the frame. Any experience with this?

carbonazza

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
Does anyone knows how long the shipping time takes? My frame is send (first update at 5h of April) to The Netherlands bij EMS. Light Carbon told me that it would take 3 to 4 weeks before I would recieve the frame. Any experience with this?
You just have to wait patiently now... It can be 3 weeks, but it can be more if you are unlucky.
Remember you are your own importer here, but no worries, generally everything goes well.

gbrnole

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »
I ordered both frame and wheels. wheels were sent first, they took 18 days to arrive (in the US) from date of first shipping notice from LC. my frame shipped on 4/15 and I hope to receive it in early May - it has already been sent from Hong Kong to the US so just waiting for it to hit customs now.

Wiener

« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
Thanks @Carbonazze and @Gbrnole, I just excited to start build the frame.  ;) and ride with it!

gbrnole

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »
I thought I'd share my experience with disassembling the lcfs911 as I found it a bit uncommon or at least different then expected.
Background:  disassembling for paint, the frame ist still new.

The rear triangle joints obviously mention 10nm and I was wondering why I couldn't open the upper joints. It turned out, that the screw is on the inside of the triangle. The outside is the bushing which (in my case) is solidly fixed with the frame.
The trick i used is to losen the big axle of the rear triangle to get some space, then open the middle joint on one side to get some further room and only then open the upper joints from the inside.
For me, this is uncommon at the least but perhaps someone can use the experience in order to keep the bushing on the outside in one piece (mine now show clear traces of opening attempts).

This led me to (positive) see that the bearings are high quality ones from enduro and (negative) that the main axle of the rear drive uses tiny spacers between arm and bearing where I question the durability.

thanks for the tips! i just received my frame and like you i am taking it apart for painting. i have the most recent revision with the hidden bushings on the upper rear linkage. i have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

1. the two main (upper and lower) through bolts did those come out easily on your frame? or did they take some effort to slide out? (the male nut is easy enough to remove but the female bolt not so much)
2. does your rear suspension move completely freely when the plastic filler piece (installed for shipping) is removed? or is it somewhat mechanical in its motion?

i have an ibis mojo that when the rear shock is removed the rear triangle moves very freely about its pivot but this frame feels almost springy between zero and full compression point.

Jeroen

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2021, 04:59:01 PM »
Here's a try:

- the 2 upper bolts were easy to remove after increasing from the inside. The lower main bolt was pretty stuck as well and I needed to work around it. I.e. loosening one piece of the aluminium triangle first on one side, remove it. And after that, I could pull the other half of the triangle with nut out. Whilst out of the frame, it was easy to remove also the other side of the bolt.

- my frame is also ,springy' with the damper out. I guess this is meant to be and could also be one of the reasons why it's a bit more difficult to take it apart. There's a bit of tension with the aluminium triangle in place.

My frame has been lying around for a while now. That's the reason why I've got the version  with visible upper joints on the outside.

Perhaps you could share what paint scheme you're thinking?

gbrnole

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
thanks for the quick response!

i was able to disassemble the rear triangle. as you noted the upper links and upper through bolt were fairly easy to remove once i got the system figured out. the lower through bolt i could only remove by inserting a long 8mm allen key into it (from the threaded side) and lightly tapping it out with a rubber mallet. the lower bearing on the non-drive side is a bit notchy which i'm not thrilled about. it is well packed with grease. the seals say enduro but i have my doubts on that!

i absolutely love the british racing green project that dangerholm did so i am considering either copying that or doing a candy version and using the base metallic silver for lettering and logos. my fork and one piece handlebar/stem will also be painted to match.

d3xophen

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2021, 08:17:17 AM »
can somebody tell me what is the actual weight for size M (without seat binder, axle and rear shock plastic dummy?)

gbrnole

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2021, 09:04:37 AM »
can somebody tell me what is the actual weight for size M (without seat binder, axle and rear shock plastic dummy?)

mine in size M is 1902g without the derailleur hanger or the rear through axle. basically right on what LC quote on their web page.

Wiener

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2021, 08:52:57 AM »
Last thuesday I received my frame. OMG it's a beaty :) looks really good! the finishing out and inside is looking very good! I received the newest frame with the hidden bolts, looks really clean. I just had a problem with the mount of an Magura MT4 rear brake. The caliper hits the rear stay. So i ordered a new Shimano XT brake to solve this problem. The cable routing is perfect, no problem with this. Also the press-fit cups are installed in a decent way. Hope to ride bike this week when I have recieved the rear brake. Keep you updatet!

gbrnole

« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2021, 12:34:29 AM »
A bit blasphemous to put the logo on but i pondered it and ultimately decided i don't care! lol

the bike is fantastic. front fork is a fox 32 stepcast performance elite. rear shock is a fox re:aktiv from a trek top fuel. both were new take off parts. i think my only gripe with the bike is the cable routing for the rear shock lockout - i ended up using a flexible noodle like you use for cantilever brakes to mitigate the ridiculously tight angle from the access hole to the inlet of the shock. still not entirely happy with that solution but it works perfectly (for now...)

the wheels are LC carbon rims with graphene built on dt swiss 350 hubs. LC's one piece bar/stem combo and a sram eagle GX build kit with an XX1 chain. final weight as shown is 23 lbs on the nose. definitely some room for weight saving in there with tire and crank choice but i'm content at that weight.

StefanB

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2021, 08:33:04 AM »
Some images for inspiration of a fantastic bike that I built for my wife. She loves it and it has made her a better rider. 120 mm FOX 34 in front, Deore 11 speed.

Slappa

« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2021, 07:06:44 PM »
I´ve just started my build and i have a couple of questions.

What type of bushing set did you use that have a rear shoch with standard mount?

Have any of you used a cablesock for the internal wires in the frame?