Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82599 times)

Slappa

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2022, 12:16:28 PM »
What kind of mount do you guys use that run a trunnion shock?

acedeuce802

« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2022, 02:00:04 PM »
I use RWC Needle Bearing on the shock eyelet

Slappa

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2022, 02:31:58 PM »
I use RWC Needle Bearing on the shock eyelet
How did you solve it in the lower mount?

acedeuce802

« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
The frame comes with bearings in the frame and the bolts. Just bolt the shock in there.

Slappa

« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2022, 06:11:24 PM »
The frame comes with bearings in the frame and the bolts. Just bolt the shock in there.
Not if you're using a shock with trunnion mount, it will be a small gap between the shock and the frame/bearing.

acedeuce802

« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2022, 11:05:56 PM »
Are you confusing trunnion with eyelet? A trunnion shock on a trunnion frame requires no additional hardware on the one side. If you're using a normal 165x38mm shock with eyelets on both sides, they made adapter kits, but I've read that they generally don't hold up well.

Slappa

« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
Are you confusing trunnion with eyelet? A trunnion shock on a trunnion frame requires no additional hardware on the one side. If you're using a normal 165x38mm shock with eyelets on both sides, they made adapter kits, but I've read that they generally don't hold up well.

No I've had a regular shock using the adapter kit but now I'm transferring to a trunnion shock and it is a gap between the shock and the frame. You have to have something else that fills the gap

Slappa

« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2022, 02:00:16 PM »
How have you guys that run a shock with trunnion mount solved the problem with that the shock is 54mm and the space between the frame/bearings are 56mm?

Nenokkias(fin)

« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »
How have you guys that run a shock with trunnion mount solved the problem with that the shock is 54mm and the space between the frame/bearings are 56mm?

Mine came with both mounts.. in 2019. Standard mounting hardware and small washers on trunnion mount..  I have been wonder why there is only trunnion option now.

Slappa

« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2022, 05:01:05 PM »
Mine came with both mounts.. in 2019. Standard mounting hardware and small washers on trunnion mount..  I have been wonder why there is only trunnion option now.
My frame came with bolts and hardware for a regular shock, I can't find a washer that fits

Nenokkias(fin)

« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2022, 05:39:52 AM »
What do you think.. There were small cracks in the paint at these points and the paint was carefully blown off, so exactly those places came holes like there was noting behing on the paint.. I wonder if there was just epoxy to cover the hole in the beginning

jonnybearback

« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2022, 01:52:38 PM »
How have you guys that run a shock with trunnion mount solved the problem with that the shock is 54mm and the space between the frame/bearings are 56mm

I don't have this frame but bearings here seem superfluous. There'll be next to zero rotation here.
anyway, scott use igus bushings then a top hat style spacer pressed from the inside out. this allows the bolt to drive the spacer against the shock body and take out any slack.
I'd think you'll need a 1mm spacer washer between the inner bearing race and shock body on each side. small enough outer diameter that it doesn't bind on the outer race.

RoganKushaf

« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »
Hello eveyone, I saw that someone of you maybe are planning to mount not trunnion shocks but consider that they are not  compatible anymore. The weight focused on a such short section of the axel will bend the axel after a while. It happens to me twice (and it's just a matter of time for the third). I wrote to LC and after a while they changed the compatibility on the website.

Coming to my question: could you explain me how to dismont the bottom axel of the rear triangle, the one close to the crankset. It seem that there is a sort of sieger but i don't understand how to remove it. Someone can help me?
Thank you so much.⁸
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 01:35:43 PM by RoganKushaf »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2022, 01:48:05 PM »
Hello eveyone, I saw that someone of you maybe are planning to mount not trunnion shocks but consider that they are not  compatible anymore. The weight focused on a such short section of the axel will bend the axel after a while. It happens to me twice (and it's just a matter of time for the third). I wrote to LC and after a while they changed the compatibility on the website.

Coming to my question: could you explain me how to dismont the bottom axel of the rear triangle, the one close to the crankset. It seem that there is a sort of sieger but i don't understand how to remove it. Someone can help me?
Thank you so much.⁸

Yeah, trunnion adapters are a terrible idea for most riders. I’ve never seen one last a full season under anyone, though I’m sure it must happen occasionally for lighter more XC oriented riders.

Slappa

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2023, 11:01:00 AM »
Hi guy's I'm having trouble with bleeding the brakes, I've been trying in several different ways but I cant get the rear brake to it's full potential.

My guess is that it is air in the hoose under the crank, I've been whipping the handle, twisting the handle, tried to bleed the brakes according to shimanos guide, I've been trying to do it the traditional way as you do it on cars but I'm a not satisfied.

Is there anyone else that's been having the same kind of issues?