Author Topic: I'm displaced to Acworth GA from Hurricane Irma - Anyone want to ride?  (Read 1499 times)

gohloum

Hey guys,

I'm going to be here until October 1st.  Already I've been riding Blanket's Creek, Allatoona Creek Park, and Taylor Randahl.  I may try and venture north up to Raccoon Mountain again, but I definitely don't want to ride that solo. 

If any of you guys want to ride, let me know.  I've got plenty of free time while I am here.

Patrick C.

Re: I'm displaced to Acworth GA from Hurricane Irma - Anyone want to ride?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
Welcome to the neighborhood!  I live near Allatoona Creek and would love to meet a fellow Chiner rider.  There is a group ride at Allatoona Tuesday at 6:45- look for a yellow Jeep (the ride leader, not mine).  I was planning to go, but I need to find my lights- it gets dark before we finish now.  If you can't make that, what about on Thursday?  I could go at lunch time or in the evening.  It's supposed to rain Wednesday and Friday, will have to see if it closes the trails.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:32:34 PM by Patrick C. »

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:46:03 AM »
Just curious, your trails are closed when it rains ?
If it was the case here, we could only ride from June through September  :D

Patrick C.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »
Yes, any time there is significant rain they are closed.  Usually just for a day, but this spring and summer it was very wet. 

gohloum

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 08:14:16 PM »
Hey Patrick,  I just PM'd you my cell number.  Definitely would love to ride with you in Allatoona!  I've fallen in love with that place!  Mumbo-Voodoo-Hocus Pocus!  What a blast!

Also at Taylor Randahl, on Powerhouse and Turbine, I've gotten comfortable enough in clockwise direction to clear the doubles.  Great flow on those trails!  I'm gonna absolutely HATE having to go home to the Florida trails..... Oh well. LOL!

gohloum

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
Almost forgot Patrick,  Here are a couple of vids from Allatoona.  They are short edited clips, but I am sure you will recognize the features in Turtleback.  Sorry about the noise.  I forgot to shim my GoPro in the case and it rattled around like hell inside.

Turtle Back Tid-bits...

Knuckle Sandwich (I'll do it faster next time. This was my first time down it unseen).