Author Topic: looking for a frame with modern geometry  (Read 7316 times)

adbl

Re: looking for a frame with modern geometry
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 12:10:15 PM »
Adbl
What about copy for road bike ?
They look like the true Frame,but it is not very good build...no confidence in them.

Good question. My take on that would be road frame geometry and technology has moved at a much faster pace in years past. Not much development going on these days except for some crazy ideas that you don't see on open mold builders. The mountain bike industry has really started to come into their own therefore right now you see so much development happening. I just think the road bike industry peaked a while ago that's why you see open mold specs virtually the same as current brand name frames.

I feel for you on the hardtail desire. I have a hardtail and love it but when i built the M06 i hadn't ridden it since and it's currently up for sale. FS bikes are so good and efficient now people are getting away from hardtails except for plus size wheel size combinations.

Stef27

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »
Problem with FS is the Price.
Frame are more expensive.
And we have to add 1 suspension which cost too....
It's too high for my budget and i don't want a turney to save money

steven-iam

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 08:19:11 AM »
I looked up the DengFu 27.5er plus bike and it does have boost. So you can build it as a 29er boost and you will have the new geometry with boost. This will probably be my next bike.

endo.alley

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »
Chainstay lenght shorter = more réactive
The problem with 29" is a lumpish frame,if the chainstay length is big,the bike is slow in little corner.
Boost give a better rigidity and better chain line.

Difficult for me to explain,i haven't the good technical words.

But i prefer a 12-142 axle and RC 425mm than boost and 440mm.

Slack head angle means better handling at higher speeds and over rough terrain. Steep head angles are for racing bikes on double track or sanitized singletrack.

endo.alley

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 11:24:07 AM »
Just to know, what a modern geometry/boost bike has that is so much better ?

Oops, my bad - Slack head angle means better handling at higher speeds and over rough terrain. Steep head angles are for racing bikes on double track or sanitized singletrack.

Stef27

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
there is a big chance i buy a complete bike....perhaps in several years when chineses frames will have a moderner geo.

in a near future,i'll buy stem,handlebar,seatpost in carbone and wheelsets for my new MTB(which I do not have yet  :D ).

I am looking for a gravel / CX in a few months.....I am less difficult on the geo.

lukwy

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
I looked up the DengFu 27.5er plus bike and it does have boost. So you can build it as a 29er boost and you will have the new geometry with boost. This will probably be my next bike.

ICAN AC650B PLUS http://www.icanfatbike.com/carbon-27-5-plus-frameset/ seems like have perfect geometry for me, but I wonder if the tail is stiff enough... also it could be lighter.
Does anyone here tried one? see any review?
Adventages for me are: boost (I want stiffer 29x2.3 wheels), HA 68.5, CS 425mm, long WB, PF30.
FS: Carbonda FM936, XT/SLX 1x12, 2.4
Gravel: TanTan GR045, GRX820/105 2x12, 700x35c

RS VR6

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
The Workswell WCB-M-145 looks pretty interesting. No Boost, but it has a 68 deg HTA. The reach on a medium is decently long at 428mm for a 100mm travel bike. The reach on my medium Workswell 062 is 414mm.

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/MTB/Trail/20170809/153.html

numberzero

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
The Workswell WCB-M-145 looks pretty interesting. No Boost, but it has a 68 deg HTA. The reach on a medium is decently long at 428mm for a 100mm travel bike. The reach on my medium Workswell 062 is 414mm.

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/MTB/Trail/20170809/153.html
Did you ask workswell about it, any availability?
They have no real pictures and nobody else is selling so it seems to be a project in development.

Stef27

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 05:13:46 AM »
Hello everybody,everybody hello,

I cammanded my bike.
Merida ninety six 6000 29".

Thanks for all yours comments and help.

My next search is wheelsets crabone from china.
I'm in contact with xmiplay,they propose:
Novatec hubs 110*15/148*12, Pillar spokes, CN nipples, HR930C rims. weight is about 1450g/pair.
and price is $485/pair.

Is it good for you ?
I don't know the ximplay quality.

I'll come here time in time to read and later i'll buy a chinese carbone cx/gravel frame.

TheMaxwell

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »

Stef27

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:57 AM »
it seems to be good.....
for me it's too late,i sent the €€€.
it will be arrive in 2 weeks

lukwy

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 03:04:08 AM »

Thanks for advice but I chose different vendor. 27.5 plus is the way I'll go considering for my XC racing and progressive geometry.
My future bike (after studying many geometry charts and checking drawings in CAD) will be built on this frameset:
http://www.icanbikes.com/html/MTB/27_5ER_frame/330.html#bk_desc_tab
It will go on 29 wheels, at first on rigid fork. Low, slack, short end, long front - that's what I need.
Rised CS maybe looks funny, but  in my case it is for riding not watching:)
FS: Carbonda FM936, XT/SLX 1x12, 2.4
Gravel: TanTan GR045, GRX820/105 2x12, 700x35c

Le Duke

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
Just to know, what a modern geometry/boost bike has that is so much better ?

Oops, my bad - Slack head angle means better handling at higher speeds and over rough terrain. Steep head angles are for racing bikes on double track or sanitized singletrack.

That's just ridiculous. But, what is "steep"?

Wal-ter