Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

CS-406 27.5 Hardtail frame from XMCarbonSpeed

<< < (2/3) > >>

bxcc:
Here are some CS-406 clearance pictures of a Maxxis 27.5x2.6 on 29mm inner width rim.

MTB2223:
Don't like the cable stop clip for shifter cables. It's made of plastic and can bend a little bit during action and that's not good for the shifting performance. Better to run the full housing cable through the frame. Always good shifting performance and no mud or dust in the cable.

bxcc:

--- Quote from: MTB2223 on December 12, 2017, 02:14:12 PM ---Don't like the cable stop clip for shifter cables. It's made of plastic and can bend a little bit during action and that's not good for the shifting performance. Better to run the full housing cable through the frame. Always good shifting performance and no mud or dust in the cable.

--- End quote ---

I'm definitely a "full length housing" fan so I drilled out the cable stop clips. Pretty simple to do. I have already run the shifter housing and it's pretty slick. One of the easier frame's I have done, besides the SC bikes with the molded in tubes.

rpacker:
I've got the exact same frame. It's been solid so far, no issues at all. I also didn't run full housing through the frame, no problems there either. However, I use it more like a gravel bike, and lately more like a hybrid for bad weather, no super rocky trails/downhills on it to give it a real test. I really should have bought a gravel bike frame I suppose.

bxcc:
The build is slowly moving. I did end up going a different route with the fork. I ended up with a new 2017 RS SID RLC with the charger damper. It weighed in at 1570 grams after cutting the steerer and installing the star nut, that's with the axle too. That should cut off about 200g from the Revelation that was supposed to go on. I also opted to get a couple titanium spokes from Dan's Comp in the purple haze / rainbow finish. There will be two per wheel flanking the air valve. The rear wheel is finished but the shop is waiting on the WolfTooth Boostinator before building the front wheel as the new Sid is boost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version