Author Topic: Ican P8 All Mountain Build/ Question for other Ican owners  (Read 3872 times)

Jsquared89

Ican P8 All Mountain Build/ Question for other Ican owners
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »
I finally almost have my build completed,  took it out for it's maiden voyage,  but I quickly ran into a problem. The seatpost would not get tight enough. It would twist, make all kinds of creaky noises and slowly slide downwards. I applied some carbon paste hoping that would be the cure, but nope. Upon further inspection I discovered the seatpost tube is not uniformly sized all the way down. Near the top where the clamp goes is perfect, but further down it appears to get larger.  So when the seatpost clamp is tight, the seatpost can still rock back and forth around 2mm (estimating), pivoting where the clamp tightens.

I emailed Linda at Ican bikes and told her pretty much but I just wrote above, along with detailed pics showing the measurements of my seatpost, and she told me this:
"The seatpost you need to use sizes 30.9mm . and the clamp 34.9"
 :-\

lRaphl

Re: Ican P8 All Mountain Build/ Question for other Ican owners
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »
Are use using carbon paste for your seatpost?

Jsquared89

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
Yes I did, it stopped the twisting but it was still moving front and back.

325racer

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 01:23:51 AM »
Nice looking build, but why no dropper post?  (won't fix your problem, but proper setup for that bike)

Jsquared89

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
It will be getting one eventually.  Still not completely finished with it. I'm also waiting on new fork decals.

rideczech

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »
Without a doubt that is a warranty claim.  No problems like that with my P9. Linda is great when it comes to comms.... I'm sure she will sort it out for you.

Jsquared89

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »
Hopefully it goes smoothly. I just sent her a bunch of pictures with measurements. It seems like they aren't believing me

Good news is the fork decals arrived!

R_Pierce

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:22:35 AM »
No problems like that with my P8 either.  It fits perfectly and doesnt rock back and fourth at all.