Author Topic: Those Shimano knock off crank sets on AliExpress...  (Read 11292 times)

gohloum

Those Shimano knock off crank sets on AliExpress...
« on: December 13, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
So my buddy gave me his old Scott Scale. It's a heavy beast that had a stripped out crank arm.  Being it's old, non-tapered steerer, 9mm QR dropouts, and a rusty Suntour XC fork, I didn't want to sink any money into it, just minimal to get it working so my wife could tool around on it.

In the process of crank searching, I decided to order one of those sets off AliExpress that include the bottom bracket. I think I paid just over $40 for it.

Anyway, I have to admit the crank and BB are pretty darn solid. I installed it and took the bike over to the boat dock and did some crazy drops on it and other stuff... Basically tortured it the best I could, but since it has flat pedals, I think I tortured my shins more than the bike, Haha!

Here are a few pics of the crank close up and installed.  If you are looking for a cheap crank or backup for BSA, it's definitely worth the price.

carbonazza

Re: Those Shimano knock off crank sets on AliExpress...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 04:27:16 AM »
Do you have the link for the chainring ? I can't find a ESSEE one.

gohloum

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
No, I don't. It came as a complete set, but here is the link I used for the purchase.  Maybe if you look at the bottom where it has "more items from this seller" you might find something.

FYI - I bought some DEKAS rings and they worked great.  Had good luck with SNAIL too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/104BCD-alloy-aluminum-cycling-road-mountain-bike-crank-sprocket-set-68BB-folding-bike-refitting-for-610/32636127215.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9fXpFU

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:53:55 PM »
Thank you, I’ll try both brands.

Calvino

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »
You could also have a look at IXF cranks. Mine also came with a BB for BSA and were right about 29.17€, though no chainring included.
Feels quite bombproof, but also quite heavy. No fancy hollowtech prbly a full cast aluminium crankarm. Also, you have to torque the bolts quite a lot in order to secure them properly. At 10 nm, I slipped the left crankarm off while on the commute. No accident and no stripped thread but now i torque them down to a bout 12-13NM

brmeyer135

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:17:03 AM »
Interesting, the link says it is light weight
Lists it at 680...if true, not bad

Sadio Mane

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 11:08:50 PM »
I want to know the same information.
หวยลาว circulating in our house. Highly And another thing that makes people interested in applying to use continuously is Various promotions Which dares to apply since joining to be part of us ever. Step is

Radfrod

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
I think that sometimes the goods do not need to be shaped.

emu26

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »
For those still looking at these cranks, I bought a set for son's bike. These are BDSnail branded and I got them from the link below.  Pic is of my sons, they are 170mm.  I bought the 175mm Ganopper for mine but I didn't weight them first.  I couldn't find anyone with the BDSnail brand in 175mm.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Bicycle-Crankset-Suit-crank-Chainwheel-30T-32T-34T-7075-CNC-Mountain-Road-Bike-Tooth-Plate/32838066730.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4a254c4dxjzsOW