Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Hub comparison info

<< < (3/3)

bxcc:

--- Quote from: tripleDot on February 20, 2018, 07:07:42 PM ---Cool, thanks for commenting on the "cricket sound", I do prefer the silent or more subdue sounding hubs.

--- End quote ---

The 54t is a bit louder than the 18t ratchets, but if you keep the grease fresh, it's definitely less annoying than my Pro4's and not even close to my brothers I9 hubs. I was going to go with I9's on my new wheels but the noise killed it. I just can't take it, but that's user preference.

If you're not in any rush, and don't mind spending more cash, check out the Onyx hubs. They have some new lightweight versions coming this summer. The weight should be in line with the Hope's.

wochse:
So I'm having Peter build up some wheels with DT 240s w/36t and after looking at pricing a bit more, going with CK hubs (not sure if he has them) wouldn't be too much more.

Does anyone have any insight into differences between the 240s and CKs? I always just wrote them off as snowflake gear. Are the CKs a significantly better product? What engagement do they offer?

outriding9800:
I have had both.. CK and "Hugi" .. the Hugi is by far a better hub..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version