Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Carbonda Gravel CFR505 build

(1/14) > >>

carbonazza:
Finally !! After about a year of mental convolutions, I decided for this gravel frame:
http://www.carbonda.com/road/gravel/cfr505.html

My contact at Carbonda was Hedy Lee.
Perfect communication, very professional and kind during the whole process.

I received the frame, fork, bar and seatpost today from Carbonda.
Along with a matching pair of ultra light rims from Peter( 29er hookless, 300g - 19mm inner width )
What a day !

Just a couple of screws to tighten and ready to ride !  ???

First impressions are great.
The frame looks of very high quality, outside as well as inside !

The objective is to have a winter training road bike, that can ride in the forest too.
Making the parts as interchangeable as possible between my 041 and my ultra posh Canyon Ultimate.

325racer:
Looks like they did a good job on the fade..

What is the component build plan?

carbonazza:
For the wheelset, the idea is to make them compatible as:

* Tubeless gravel wheels, with ~38mm tires( Clement MSO or Panaracer Gravel King )
* Ultralight XC wheels for the 041 when needed. I took a 15x100 fork instead of the now more common 12x100 for this
* may be a light wheelset for tubeless roadbike, if the max rim pressure of 60psi will be enough(?) and with a 15/12mm adapter tube for the axle/hubI will give a chance to D411CB/D412CB Novatec instead of my usual expensive and heavier Hope's.
And straight pull for the first time too with 28 Sapim CX rays.

Then for the transmission.
Beware it becomes frankly aristocratic  ::)

I did put a quarq powermeter on the roadbike this summer.
As a result, had a spare Sram Red crank that I will re-use here.
If everything is compatible as it seems, putting a single CX1 chainring on it.
Probably 38T like on the 041 or maybe 40T.

I should have gone for a road bike trip in the Alps this summer( I couldn't after all ).
But in that plan, I bought a couple of compact chainrings.
And a medium cage derailleur(wi-fli etap) and an 11-32 cassette.

Of this I will re-use the medium cage derailleur and buy a cheaper 11-32 cassette.
Keeping the Red cassette and rings for actual road mountain climbing, and able to swap rear derailleurs between my bikes.

All these re-uses "force" 8) me to go with the SRAM etap hydro levers and brakes here too.
That way I'll have a totally swappable, set of components between my bikes depending on the need or in case of failure.
I hesitated a long time with the SRAM Force 1x groupset, but went for the big plan.

Here is my secret hope:
SRAM will provide in the coming months/year a 12sp etap long cage rear derailleur and road cassettes.
That will be compatible with the existing shifters.
And at that point I will be able to use/swap almost everything on all my bikes.

Le Duke:
Any updates?

Considering the CFR 505 myself and I'd like to see what your end result looks like. Off to a great start, though. The frame looks amazing!

carbonazza:
Family vacations are currently preventing any progress 8)
However I’ll try to order the missing parts this week to get them when I’m back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version