Author Topic: Trail/AM/Enduro - Do any frames exist in this class for 29er?  (Read 1580 times)

gohloum

I've been combing around to see what's out there, but the 821 seems to be the only one with even close to a trail spec as far as suspension goes.  I'd really like to find something in the 130mm to 140mm travel of possible before I just completely destroy my MB01.  Granted it's held up great, but I'm pushing it at it's limits now since I live where there are hills and mountains.  I need something beyond XC class.

Suggestions?

lRaphl

Re: Trail/AM/Enduro - Do any frames exist in this class for 29er?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »
Did you check the ICAN P8 and P9?

gohloum

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »
Nope, but I'll make a switchback over to another browser tab and start looking :-)

lRaphl

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:13:31 AM »
There are also many posts on the forum about those 2 frames and shock options to increase/decrease rear travel. You can also rum them with 29er wheels.

gohloum

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:47 AM »
Yes, this is more of what I am looking for.  Also, it seems Peter has a CS-S065 that also falls into the trail category.  These 3 give me some things to ponder.  In a perfect world, I'd build the P9 full enduro class and probably the S065 for trail. But once I get my finances straight, I may have to step into this differently. 

Good thing is, Trail/AM/Enduro frames are finally starting to show up. 

lRaphl

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »
The CS-S065 has a steep 69 degree head angle, a long chainstay and a short reach. It's like a longuer travel version of the 036 with a vertical shock.