Author Topic: Just pulled the trigger on the Tidace FM-009. Anything I should know?  (Read 4099 times)

yourrealdad

After about a year of going back and forth on what I wanted and then waiting to see if something that ticked all my boxes would come out, I settled. Just bought a Tideace 19" matte black frame with PF30 BB. Just wondering if there is anything special I should know or do to make it perform in tip top?

Thanks

johnnydamage

Re: Just pulled the trigger on the Tidace FM-009. Anything I should know?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:50:34 AM »
might want to order some bb clips. they are expensive if you want them fast but cheap if you have time. I'm going to see if it can find something that works at the local hardware store today.

Bhaalgorn

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »
might want to order some bb clips. they are expensive if you want them fast but cheap if you have time. I'm going to see if it can find something that works at the local hardware store today.

Why would he need BB clips on a PF30 BB? The PF30 shell holds the bearings instead of the retaining clips in a BB30 configuration.

pumajr

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »
If you use the head set that comes with the frame, make sure you use every part given.  My son has approx. 100 race miles on this frame with nothing but a smile on his face.  Also have the tideace stem, seat post and bars on the bike and have nothing but good things to report.  Running cables was kind of a pain and did have to use the fish tape with the magnet to get the brake cables through.

yourrealdad

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »
Pumajr, how has the headset been holding up? Any idea of the specifications of it in case I want to replace it with a CC or something? Did you use the BB?

johnnydamage

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »

Why would he need BB clips on a PF30 BB? The PF30 shell holds the bearings instead of the retaining clips in a BB30 configuration.

depending on where he got it from. mine has the bb integrated into the frame and bearing press directly into the frame and need bb clips. terminology get confuseded when talking about bb. at least for me it does.

pumajr

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
We used all of the parts that came free with the bike.  The pressfit bb works well. At first the head set had some movement, but once I added the shims it was fine.  It all fits the frame real nice now.  I am going to use it until it can’t be used.  Works as it should and I have had no issues so far.

yourrealdad

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »

[/quote]

depending on where he got it from. mine has the bb integrated into the frame and bearing press directly into the frame and need bb clips. terminology get confuseded when talking about bb. at least for me it does.
[/quote]

You have a BB30 version is what it sounds like. Bearing pressed directly into the frame with clips. I ordered the PF30 so I press in to shells that house the bearings.

yourrealdad

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch and diameter of the through axle is? What kind of replacement axle I need?

Thank you

pumajr

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 01:17:11 PM »
I just used the one that came with the frame.  Fits well and works like it is supposed to.

yourrealdad

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »
Puma I am sure it does, but I also assume it is heavy. I am trying to build up a cheaper weight weenie build and you can drop some good weight for cheap on the axles.