Author Topic: The girls Chiner  (Read 6425 times)

mixlax

Re: The girls Chiner
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
Regarding the play. I have the same problem. But I am thinking it might be due to using 21.8 sleeve length. Pro-Mance have specified 22.4.

With the bolt length 40mm and sleeve  length 21.8 the sleeve will not press against the frame with the bolt fully tightened.

sclyde2

Re: The girls Chiner
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 09:11:48 PM »
When I received it, I measured 22.2 bottom and 21.8 top, on my fm058, and bought rwc hardware to suit.

As you have found with the too-long bolt issue, my top bolt would bottom out before it tightened on the frame.  The best solution would be to get a slightly shorter bolt, but I didn't have one at hand, so put some washers in there to make it work.  Seems to have worked ok since I did this (about 9 months ago). I suspect that perhaps the frame designer intended that we should put 22.2 hardware in that top mount, and then spread the rockers slightly to make it fit - then the stock shock bolt might work.

The play referred to above is a separate issue, where the outer diameter of the stock shock bolt is a tiny bit too small.  My bike has this issue, but it is very very subtle.  So subtle that it was very hard to find.  I certainly couldn't see any movement. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so I am in no hurry to fix it.  I have intended to replace the bolts with something lighter at some stage.