Author Topic: Ican P8 Build Questions  (Read 8987 times)

emu26

Re: Ican P8 Build Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 10:19:33 PM »
You might be able to "patch" it with some epoxy?

Good luck with it. and thanks for the information.

3GGG

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 02:56:58 AM »
I'm about to do a crc order but don't have my rear shock yet. Can anyone confirm what exact size  bushes I will need?

Bos

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 03:32:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply. What size tyres are you running now?

I assume you have the frame with the original geometry that had the 48mm BB drop, not the newer one with 24mm drop?  I really like the frame and the only thing holding me back is the low bb height, I'm trying to work out if the newer version is actually a different front triangle or just a trick on numbers by increasing the drawn axle to crown from 531.9 mm to  551mm.

As I have it, Its a new rear triangle, not front. I have communication from Melody who initially offered only the updated seatstay and rocker link as an upgrade. They don't do that anymore unfortunately. However, I cant see the BB height increasing and the seat tube getting steeper without the HT getting steeper. The slack seat tube is probably my biggest issue. I've slid my saddle right the way forward after getting a straight mount dropper post(setback didn't help) and it feels pretty good right now, however I couldn't tell if it could be even better with a 70 deg seat angle.

I am quite happy with my P8 now. I have been running 2.3'' 29 er tires and admit the BB height is low. I live in a very rocky area and Its a bit irritating at times, however, not something that cant be avoided.

On the Downhills, the low BB height gives the bike a "planted" feeling. I had mine at a  bikepark recently and after some serious cases om big jumps Its developed a creak(It was also an extremely hot day). My first thoughts were oops, something went, but its been 2 months and after inspection I'm most certain its just in need of a grease. I'm looking for a used RS Pike Dual position since I would like to still do longer days in the saddle, but this bike (with 135 mm at the rear) begs for 140-150mm front travel on downhills. So the Pike DPA 120-150mm wil be perfect. I'm currently running a 130mm RS Revelation and its definitely holding the bike back when it comes to downright nasty steep stuff.

endo.alley

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 04:35:08 PM »
I have a Fox 140mm fork , w/ 29"x 2.4" tires on my P8.  Might try a 2.5" or 2.6" tire on front next spring . No real problems with bottoming out with that little extra height from fork and tires. All in all a pretty good trail bike.