Author Topic: Opinions on flyxii  (Read 8001 times)

Ferxo

Opinions on flyxii
« on: September 03, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »
I am tempted to get a carbon frame through amazon.mx (mexico) and there is a hugh ammount of products posted from the flyxii vendor.

Have you guys tried some of their products?
I just want some references about their product reliability and buying experiences.

thank you.

Carbon_Dude

Re: Opinions on flyxii
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »
Flyxii has been around for more than a few years, I looked at them when I bought my first Chiner frame, however, I'd still recommend going to Peter Xu at XMcarbonspeed.com and see if he can get you something similar, at a fair price while offering battery customer service than I'd expect from Flyxii.

I think there are more posts about Flyxii on MTBR.com if you care to go and do some research.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

SportingGoods

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 03:26:04 AM »
better late then never, here is my input on FlyXii

I the happy owner of 2 FlyXii frames, for many years now. One is my current road/gravel bike (refurbished from my crashed MTB). The other is my wife's bike.
The first is rock solid (multiple races), the second is strong enough for my wife but I would never hammer any trail with this one.

They are honest, you can trust you will get your bike but the quality is unknown till you receive the frame. Also I believe they know nothing about bike and I would not expect any sort of support from them.
Why would you buy from them? Well, because they are so cheap! Up to you to take the risk or not

Flying Trunk Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »
...I'd still recommend going to Peter Xu at XMcarbonspeed.com and see if he can get you something similar, at a fair price while offering battery customer service...

If you can get a hold of Peter or anyone else there let me know how you did it. I've tried Peter twice in the last two weeks as well as messaging them on their FB page and I never heard anything back from either.

FTM

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 07:40:21 PM »
Try emailing Peter at this email address:  peterxu1206@gmail.com

Possibly he's having trouble getting email from his website.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Flying Trunk Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 02:58:40 AM »
Try emailing Peter at this email address:  peterxu1206@gmail.com...

Thanks Carbon Dude. The email I was using was the petercycles@foxmail.com address that tripleDot confirmed for me somewhat recently. Regardless, I sent another email to the address you provided just now. Hopefully it works out as I'd like to get at least two frames and two sets of rims from him in the next several months.

FTM

stef06700

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
Have you recently bought from FLYXII I just saw on Aliexpress a frame which must be the FE 909 quite similar to the 696 of carbonda, I already bought from them a few years ago and I was rather happy with their MTB frame but seen the opinions on Alie I remain perplexed on the quality of this seller  ???