Author Topic: P8 Geometry change? Now known as P1  (Read 15106 times)

noodleshop

Re: P8 Geometry change? Now known as P1
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »
Hey there,

I'm new to mountain biking, just came off road biking :) looking to either build up a P1 (P8?) with second hand (albeit high end) parts, but also have an order slot for a Canyon Neuron AL 6.0 for late July. Probably gonna go for a 130/140 fork, as where I ride in Singapore has blues, blacks, double black diamonds, but about 50/50 split between climbs/descends.

1. Would y'all recommend I go for the Neuron or for a P1? Head leans towards the Neuron ('beginner' mtb, assembled, warranty) but heart wants to try something crazy with the P1 (can prob get a used pike, monarch, decent groupo and rims for the same money, vs. a recon, dps performance.) I've never built up a bike before, but I have a lotta tools and some good wifi here, hopefully something'll work out.

2. How the hell do I order one? The online stores I've found seem to jack up the price over what people are saying.

thanks y'all, happy mtbing :)

lRaphl

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
If you like to do things by yourself, the chinese frame route is an interesting one. It's a nice project to work on and you end up with better parts. To order one, you need to contact the seller directly (in this case, Ican). You send them an email with what you want and ask for a quote.

noodleshop

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 06:54:02 AM »
Awesome, thank you so much man :)

With the changes to geometry and price, would you guys still recommend this frame for a budget trail/all mountain build? Esp now the hta sits at 68.5.. probably gonna run a 140mm fork in there though ;)

Pdford93

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »
Hi trouble.  What rear shock length did you use to get 120.  I believe the suggested length is 200mm to get 130mm.  I would be interested in the 120mm especially if it improves HA.  Thanks