Author Topic: Anybody familiar with this frame?  (Read 18583 times)

cybrsrce

Re: Anybody familiar with this frame?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:15 AM »
I do but I never thought about it being tension from the cable going into the rear triangle.  It happens in the middle of the cassette like it is a bent hanger, now I have two things to check.

emu26

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »
oops, sorry.

emu26

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 09:03:45 PM »
cybrsrce, can you tell me if the cable routing is continuous inside the frame or if it is just entry / exit points?

cybrsrce

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »
The cable routing is continuous which is good because it didn't come with fished guides.  Also nice and quiet.

emu26

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 01:12:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Did you manage to sort out your mid range shifting issues we talked about earlier?

cybrsrce

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2019, 05:41:32 AM »
Yep, thankfully it was just the hanger.  It shifted well based on how far off it actually was.

The cable is snug in the chain stay but able to move smoothly when sagged and through the rest of the travel.  It helps that the cable path gets shorter because the cable goes over the BB.  If it does get sticky I will probably replace it with a jagwire elite or something just to be sure.

emu26

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »
I think I would have preferred the entry point was in the top of the chain stay, not the leading edge of it.

Glad you got the hanger sorted and it was that, trying to fix that routing could have been a lot more difficult.

Thanks for the replies.