Author Topic: Sp cycle  (Read 2115 times)

malmis

Sp cycle
« on: September 12, 2023, 12:24:27 PM »
I ordered from Sp Cycle trough their webpage last Tuesday.  They responded right away when i wanted to add a product to my order, but when i asked about shipping they have been silent for 6 days. And  not answering my emails.

Should I be worried ?

https://www.sp-cycle.com/

jonathanf2

Re: Sp cycle
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 12:57:11 PM »
I ordered from Sp Cycle trough their webpage last Tuesday.  They responded right away when i wanted to add a product to my order, but when i asked about shipping they have been silent for 6 days. And  not answering my emails.

Should I be worried ?

https://www.sp-cycle.com/

Send another inquiry. I bought a frame from the SPCycle AliEx store. It took 10 days to prep, frame shipped on the 11th day and I received my package on the 14th day. It took 2 weeks exact to be delivered. Their communication kind of sucks though, so just keep messaging them until they respond.

gf

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 06:51:40 AM »
Some experiences with Spcycle official sotre recently? I'm considering to buy a gravel frame directly from website.
Some issues? delay? Everything ok?
Thanks

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 06:55:31 AM »
Some experiences with Spcycle official sotre recently? I'm considering to buy a gravel frame directly from website.
Thanks
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4729.msg57617.html#msg57617

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 11:36:06 AM »
Thanks

I had no issues buying from SPCycle. Though I would order from AliExpress, plus use a credit card for an extra layer of protection. This way you can bring up a dispute through AliEx and as a last resort do a charge back through your credit card provider. I would make sure they send you photos of the frame before shipping, video record your unboxing and double check the entire frame before assembling. I do this with all my bike frameset purchases. Also check if they have your frame already in-stock, it'll speed up the shipping process. My frame in-stock arrived in exactly 14 days to my doorstep in the USA. The frame itself was okay, the interior carbon wasn't as clean as either my TFSA built road bike or my Taiwan made carbon gravel frame. I needed to sand the disc fork hole to fit the brake cable. Plus I'm not a fan of PF BB86, but I used a threaded PF bottom bracket that's been creak free and spinning just fine.

I'm still riding my SPCycle road frame with no problems. Stiff ride, but fast.

gf

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 02:10:04 PM »
I had no issues buying from SPCycle. Though I would order from AliExpress, plus use a credit card for an extra layer of protection. This way you can bring up a dispute through AliEx and as a last resort do a charge back through your credit card provider. I would make sure they send you photos of the frame before shipping, video record your unboxing and double check the entire frame before assembling. I do this with all my bike frameset purchases. Also check if they have your frame already in-stock, it'll speed up the shipping process. My frame in-stock arrived in exactly 14 days to my doorstep in the USA. The frame itself was okay, the interior carbon wasn't as clean as either my TFSA built road bike or my Taiwan made carbon gravel frame. I needed to sand the disc fork hole to fit the brake cable. Plus I'm not a fan of PF BB86, but I used a threaded PF bottom bracket that's been creak free and spinning just fine.

I'm still riding my SPCycle road frame with no problems. Stiff ride, but fast.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. On Ali thwe protection period is limited to the first 14 days, if I remember well? On the Spcycle website I can pay with paypal, dont know if is different from Ali in case of troubles when the frame arrives