Author Topic: Chinese Carbon Fat Bike Pic Thread  (Read 51917 times)

MTNRCKT

Re: Chinese Carbon Fat Bike Pic Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
Probably because it is - that's a 20" kids' fat bike.

Uhh, yeah, of course.. I knew that :-[

Lol, it's obviously a kid's bike now that you point it out. For some odd reason, that possibility didn't even occur to me  :D

cmh

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »
 ;D

Kids' fat bikes are pretty awesome, don't get me wrong. On the Facebook fatbikes group I've seen a bunch of smiling kids with them. I figure, why the hell not, kids' bikes are ridiculously heavy to begin with, so might as well make it a fatty at the same time. :D

Bertzhong

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 04:13:07 AM »
Whow, that look awesome!!! Like that color combination, black and red!!!
Thanks!

yes, original ud matte and red painting work is great,  this is from Mr Khalil .

Bertzhong

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 05:11:15 AM »
and this is IP-010 fat bike

MTB2223

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 05:30:51 AM »

WHOW!!!! This is really a FAT FAT FAT bike !! Awesome!

jefflinde

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »
just joined so i figure i owe some pics.  Mine is the white FM190 and my wife is the black one.  her is set up with 27+ so it looks a little different. 

tybiker25

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 08:40:41 PM »
Carbon Speed fat bike. I've been enjoying the snow trails all winter! So much better than an indoor trainer!

carbonazza

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:35 AM »
Does the fat bike ride on snow compare to something like mild mud, or sand, or... ?

I tried to ride on the snow with 2.25 tires recently and it is much harder to fight the snow than anything else.
It is like if I was braking while pedalling.

tybiker25

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »
Does the fat bike ride on snow compare to something like mild mud, or sand, or... ?

I tried to ride on the snow with 2.25 tires recently and it is much harder to fight the snow than anything else.
It is like if I was braking while pedalling.

Never ridden on sand with it, nor mild mud. But I can see mud being hard since there is a ton of tire surface to stick to and make your bike weight twice as much as normal.

Riding through a bunch of unpacked snow is hard. There is enough snow and people with fatbikes, that we have a group that maintains the trail and packs it when fresh snow comes. Once packed down, it freezes and sets up awesome. Once the base of the trail is good, even if it snows a couple of inches of fresh, you can still ride it due to the solid base.

With as much trail maintenance that we do on our trail we require minimum of 3.5" tires, otherwise there is a large risk of putting a deep rut in the groomed trail and takes a lot of work to fix. My 4.8" tires I can run at about 4psi. The first ride it felt a little weird because you can feel the tire flex/move on the corners, but I had ton of grip uphill and down.

The groomed snowmobile roads are great too. Gives me a ton of trails to go ride base hours for 2-3 hours.

velobuild

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 08:14:06 PM »
Hello

Welcome to chec velobuild fat frame here :
http://velobuild.com/c/fat-frame_0362

I attached complete bike pictures of the fat bike

Chris

Kbwheels

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »
Just finished building up this Pro Mance M6003 and KB Wheels in Yarmouth Maine.  I9 hubs and stem, HED. B.A.D. rims, Next R crank, Fabric saddle, Xpedo Spry pedals, Guide RS brakes, e*13 cassette.