Author Topic: Tideace CX072 - Any feedback? Gravel frames for Tall Guys  (Read 7546 times)

sockpuppet

Tideace CX072 - Any feedback? Gravel frames for Tall Guys
« on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »
Hey all,

I'm new to Chinertown, but am not new to the open mold frames. I have a Tideace FM-009? for the past year and use it as a training bike.

I just sold my current cyclocross/gravel bike, as it was too small for me. I won an auction on a new frame, but I'm thinking that the seller will back out and I'll be stuck without a frame come race season in a couple months... I digress.

I'm interested in the Tideace CX072 frame, as it fits the bill for tire size, and thru axle spacing.
Geometry for the XL 59cm seems close
- Reach: 398mm (I should be able to run a 110-120mm stem without a problem)
- Stack: no stack geo listed. But the seat tube is 590mm, and if I theoretically rotated the seat tube to 90 degrees, I should be okay with that rough stack number. The gravel frame I sold had a stack height of 569mm and reach of 389mm. It was a true cyclocross frame geo, and I had to run crazy spacers to get a stack height that was barely acceptable.

Any feed back is appreciated. Of course this is all dependent on if my eBay auction purchase falls through.

Link to the tideace frame: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T1000-Carbon-Fiber-Gravel-Road-Racing-Bicycle-Frames-OEM-Thru-Axle-BB386-OEM/263990812610?hash=item3d77141fc2:m:m4jxXHCGAtvkD2ANx9JPMxg:rk:3:pf:0

lud1

Re: Tideace CX072 - Any feedback? Gravel frames for Tall Guys
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 04:29:43 PM »
hi,

not sure if my reply is still relevant, but I bought this frame together with this handlebar
http://www.haidelibikes.com/product/showproduct.php?id=142
and I think this is a very good combination for tall people. I myself am 1,82 m, and I have to stretch quite a bit, so I think for a tall person, this frameset will fit perfectly

NorthboundRick

Re: Tideace CX072 - Any feedback? Gravel frames for Tall Guys
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 11:38:24 PM »
are you still riding this frame? How well has it been holding up?