Author Topic: 1st place first race Go Nuts series (Georgia) on my CSMB01  (Read 1732 times)

gohloum

1st place first race Go Nuts series (Georgia) on my CSMB01
« on: February 04, 2019, 11:49:03 PM »
I posted this in the 29er topic since that's what I ride.  It would be nice to have a 'ride chat' or discussion topic for everyone to discuss rides and events on their bikes.

Anyway, So I decided to give it a whirl this year and see what this racing thing is all about.  Can't believe I actually won my age bracket!  On the second lap I punctured my front tire and it leaked down to about 6 lbs, but I rode that badboy anyway, LOL!  Sketchy and it cost me about 2 minutes but I still managed to pull it off. 

What I really found out though is that I out-classed my competition in bike handling and descents.  2 of the guys were definitely strong riders and would probably out climb me on a hill, but most of these climbs had granite step ups and the course was quite technical. 

Loads of fun and I recommend any of you who have thought about entering a race to go do it.  You meet lots of nice people with common interests too. :-)

Times:

CS-MB01 #443 for the season

On the Podium:

carbonazza

Re: 1st place first race Go Nuts series (Georgia) on my CSMB01
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »
Well done ! Congrats !!  :D