Author Topic: Merlincycles.com  (Read 4000 times)

brmeyer135

Merlincycles.com
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:47:29 AM »
merlincycles.com - located in England
Generally good prices....periodically do a special of some kind
My experience:  good with a caveat
I took advantage of 10% XTR discount on 3 parts - shipping was free over $86.00
Parts shipped on June 25th and arrived on July 3rd(missed July 2nd)
2 of 3 parts were removed from OEM packaging and vacuum packed*
All parts arrived in good order - caveat * brakes didn't come with cut down pieces(olive and pin)...but I pointed it out to them and they immediately shipped them(haven't received them yet)
All correspondence was answered and within 12 hours(no matter when I sent it)
Overall, definately recommend merlincycles.com

Sitar_Ned

Re: Merlincycles.com
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:35 PM »
For some odd reason.. it never occurred to me to leave reviews of component sellers in this section of the forum. It's a good idea bc there can be quite a bit of difference in service between the main online sellers. I'm a big fan of Art's Cyclery and Price Point. I'll leave my reasons for my own review thread.. Will def be far more likely to check out MerlinCycles now though. Thx.

btw.. br, upload an avatar and enter the rim giveaway contest, man! Only a couple of days left.. You've been very informative and helpful here.. Would like to see you get a chance to win. Of course, if for some reason you just don't want to - perfectly fine. Just was thinking about how the contest was over in a couple days, then noticed you didn't have an avatar so I thought I'd at least throw ya a friendly reminder!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:21:41 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Patrick C.

Re: Merlincycles.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »
I ordered a full XT group and a wheelset from Merlin.  Very satisfied with the purchase, and their website makes it easy to pick out the options you want when ordering a full group (for Shimano, anyway).  Shipping took a little over a week; everything was well packed.  All of the components were in their original boxes, with instruction in about 18 different languages.