Author Topic: Integrated Handlebars  (Read 7617 times)

charlesrg

Integrated Handlebars
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:02:02 PM »
Does anyone recommends some Integrated Handlebars ?

I've some from chiner Integrated bars from 2016 but they flex a lot and the Internal cable holes are tight to the point that if I bring the shifters higher to a better ergonomic position it snags the brake cables.

carbonazza

Re: Integrated Handlebars
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 04:49:59 AM »
One disadvantage I see on an integrated handlebar is if you put it into a bike box for travel.
It is easier to unmount/mount the bar from the stem than the whole stem/bar.

I should forget it, but I'm still traumatized after seeing a crack in my first carbon stem.
So all my stems are stupidly alloy now...

charlesrg

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
One disadvantage I see on an integrated handlebar is if you put it into a bike box for travel.
It is easier to unmount/mount the bar from the stem than the whole stem/bar.

I should forget it, but I'm still traumatized after seeing a crack in my first carbon stem.
So all my stems are stupidly alloy now...
Hey Carbonazza, not sure if it's a big deal for traveling. I did box my MTB for traveling before and it was fine. usually to ship I've to loosen the fork anyway. will see when the need to ship the road arises if ever.

I've been running on carbon integrated handlebars for MTB for about 5 years and have been very happy. never had a problem in the bars despite breaking 3 frames.

I've ordered the aliexpress link I posted before. I've had one before on my super commuter and I'm happy with it.

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
I've been running on carbon integrated handlebars for MTB for about 5 years and have been very happy. never had a problem in the bars despite breaking 3 frames.

Very interesting, thanks ! Where did you buy them ?

charlesrg

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
Thank you for the links.
Can they be ridden in both directions ? Slammed or not ?

charlesrg

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »
Sure.