Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!

(1/79) > >>

Sitar_Ned:
Hi all...

In my quest to build myself the ultimate carbon hardtail mountain bike on a budget, I found myself drowning in information overload! Mainly due to the fact that pretty much all of the information about these direct from China carbon frames is all buried in one huge thread over at mtbr.com. If you're here, I assume you're probably familiar with the threads I'm referring to, but I'll link 'em anyways for reference:

Here's the 4 year old, over 200 hundred page long hardtail thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/chinese-carbon-29er-640919.html
And here's the quickly growing dual-suspension Chinese carbon thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/dual-suspension-chinese-carbon-29er-737952.html

It seems pretty apparent that there's enough demand for these products that discussion shouldn't be relegated to a handful of threads. So.. The birth of Chinertown.com came about. Hopefully, it can grow into an organized and plentiful information resource for anyone that may be interested in building a top of the line carbon bike... without the big name brand price tag.

So, welcome to Chinertown!

Thanks for reading,
Sitar_Ned

Carbon_Dude:
Thanks for starting this up, I think there is much to be discussed in the realm of Chinese direct to market bicycle products.  Look forward to seeing more members come over from MTBR to post and find more information that is setup in a thread and folder structure that is way more orgainzed.

Sitar_Ned:
No problem CD.. And yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting more people in on the discussion. I cringe every time I have to go digging through the hundreds of pages of the carbon Chinese 29er thread.. I literally have bookmarks in my browser set for about 10-20 different pages of that thread.

Andy:
Glad you built this site and glad to be part of it! 

I found your link over in mtbr.com and headed this way.

I am currently awaiting delivery of an IP-036 from Peter over at XMIPLAY and their 650b hard tail.  I placed the order March 27 and with custom painting it takes 40 days so I should have them by May 6.  I am very excited and can't wait.  I ordered them with extra hangars, handlebars and headsets.  I already have everything else waiting in boxes to be installed. 

it will be a 1 x 10 X9 build with marz fork, Spinergy wheels, elixir brakes and carbon cockpit.  Trying to build light but keep it on a budget.  Using the race face narrow wide chainring, Geax Mezcals and Ergon grips. 

Can you tell I'm excited?!  Will post pics in a few weeks when I get it built. 
Thanks again for the forum!
Andy. :)

Sitar_Ned:
Hey Andy. Welcome to Chinertown.. Good to have you!

The 036 is a sweet frame.. good reason to be excited. Can't wait to try one for myself. It is kinda funny how just plain damn giddy I get over a mountain bike. I mean.. I've had cool stuff before (motorcycles, cars) but wasn't excited as I am about this bike build! Lol.  I think something about bikes just taps into the kid left inside all of us. Either way.. tons of fun and can't wait to see your build.

Be sure to check out CD's 036 build thread if you haven't already.. You'll be even more excited.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version