Author Topic: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 207749 times)

Kaben Bikes

Re: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2018, 03:40:03 AM »
Hi,my names Azim, live in Mlaysia. MTB/RB rider. Also a part time bike mechanic who currently doing a little bikes & wheelset customizing. Nice to meet all of you.
Custom Bikes & Wheels Builder

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »
Welcome, Kaben! Good to have you.

OXIVECARBON

« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2018, 08:18:42 AM »
hi all i am Simon from XIAMEN OXIVE CARBON CO LTD,I
have been in carbon industry for 4years ,this year i start my carbon wheel business,any question about carbon wheel i will answer u honestly
OXIVE CARBON WHEELSET  T800andT700
www.oxivecarbon.com

Campbellsoup19

« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2018, 09:58:49 AM »
Hey everyone! Great forum here! Not even entirely sure how I found it... probably linked through MTBR or something. I just recently got back into mountain biking. Hadn't ridden any trails in a long long time. This will be my first season back in the saddle.

I bought a Diamondback Overdrive Comp 27.5 HT as a first MTB. I really like it and can't wait to get going. I'm one of those people who dive head first into hobbies (which I love but my wallet isn't always happy with it). I also like to have every available resource for research and general browsing. Certainly enjoy seeing the talented builds here. In the future I could 100% see myself building a Carbon FS 27.5+ MTB. Building it is a huge part of the fun (right?)!!

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully I can become a useful resource here!

Calvino

« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »
Hi, I'm Calvin from Austria, where bigger chinese packages get taxed with 20% -.-
I just recently got my 29er HT frame in size 17" and a carbon rigid fork. Love the setup, since im mostly a roadie, a suspension always felt strange and kind of unnecessary for XC. The wheels(srly heavy at almost 2100g) and tires(Continental Race Kings 2.2in or Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.25) are from my old entry level hardtail, but mostly the stuff i got on my rig is chinese. Handlebar, stem, seatpost, seatpost clamp, seat, crank, oval chainring, Ti bolts, QR skewers. Brakes are cheap Br-m355 hydro brakes from Shimano with the cheapest 180 and 160 rotors.
Plan to make a relatively budget weightweenie budget XC built. Either singlespeed or a 11spd e13 TRS+ race cassette(9-46t) with XTR mech and shifter, either Deore or XTR brakes(depends how much i really wanna spend), KCNC razor rotors(85g for 160mm), Velosa carbon wheels(1350g), Schwalbe Furious Fred(360g per tire), tubeless of course.

stuartH

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2018, 05:32:56 AM »
Hi i'm Stuart and i'm from London in the UK.

i've ridden a steel frame 29er for the past 3 years and am now wanting to convert the bike i have into a lighter xc focused bike.

this is my current bike

nt5k

« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2018, 05:11:53 PM »
Nathan from MN (yay snow). What a great forum. Thank you all that contribute!
I bought my first carbon frame (IP136) 4 years ago from Peter back when he was still with IPlay. I bought some carbon rims from him too.
Currently looking to build a FS 29er - that's what brought me here.  (If anyone has advice I would gladly take it. I ride mostly xc, some marathon. Terrain is somewhat flat (MN). I am a lighter weight rider if that matters.)  Cheers!

mannyaxo

« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2018, 05:00:03 PM »
Hello, Im from Dominican Repblic

bababasti

« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
Hi all,
Sebastian from Austria here. Mainly a ski mountaineer and trail runner, but spending quite an amount of time in the saddle (road, trails, XC) - but only for training purposes and commuting to work, no races.
My 14yr old 3*9 26" alu HT is way too old and now it's time to move to 29" carbon hardtail.

Budget is kind of limited (want to try and stay sub 2.5k €), nonetheless I'd aim for a sub 10kg build.
It may happen that I'll start a thread soon and get on your nerves with questions you have heard 1000s of times before :)

Calvino

« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »
Willst du ne Federgabel haben? Bzw. wie viel soll für dies Schaltung investiert werden?
Mein Rigid-Singlepseed mit den alten 2.1kg Laufrädern auf 8,8kg mit Pedale.

bababasti

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
Ha Calvino,
Rigid Single wäre dann nur was für den Arbeitsweg. Wohne in Tiroö, da gibt’s zu viel schöne Optionen, für die ich  ne Schaltung und Federgabel haben will ...

Jerryno

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2018, 03:18:41 PM »
@Calvino @bababasti

Even though you are both from Austria, this is an English forum, please keep it that way.. If you make public post use English, otherwise imagine how it would look like if everyone acted like that.

If you need to, use personal messages for your private conversations in your native tongue :)

bababasti

« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2018, 12:56:00 AM »
@Jerryno
Fully agree, sorry for that.

Quick translation:
Cavino asked me whether going rigid SS would be an option to keep a build light (and save some bucks). But as I am living in Tyrol with mountains right in front of my door I plan to go with more than one gear and a front suspension.

Calvino

« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
Yeah sorry, wasn't intentional. My Austrian blood simply pushed me to that action.

Well, i mean i can really understand going with a suspension fork for compliance and gears for comfort, but simply(if you can afford it) get a rigid fork(80€ tapered, thru axle and carbon) and get a singlespeed cog to simply try it out. I plan a weightweenie XC rigid build and contemplate whether i should just punch singlespeed and save quite some weight or go with XTR mech/shifter and a e13 9-46 cassette. Currently use thre singlespeed rigid without any problem on easy trails

willymcchiner

« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2018, 10:58:02 PM »
Looking at the Santa Cruz Tallboy 3 and definitely have sticker shock.  Looking for a good climbing and handling, and something with enough suspension to smooth out the ride.  No big hits, too old for that.

I like building things, not so much shopping, so hopefully the crew here has some recipe's I can follow.  Anyone interested in doing a group/parallel build?