Author Topic: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 211012 times)

Mmsfull

Re: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2022, 09:10:40 AM »

hi
I'm Marco and I write from Italy. I'm looking for a good full 29 frame.
thank you all for future help.

Draz

« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2022, 03:13:33 PM »
Hi,
I'm Draz, from Turkey. I currently ride a "aggressive" hardtail and own small shop for our community. I come across this forum after realizing an EU/US brand frames are 4-5 times more expensive than what they actually cost. Amazing community so far... Currently awaiting order from LightCarbon FS947. I will share my experience from receiving the frame, building to compare it with my hardtail as quality wise. Also planning to paint the frame and i need help... Probably going to consult an auto body shop as well..

Xaqu

« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2022, 03:52:36 PM »
Hi,

Xaqu from Barcelona. Looking forward for interesting exchanges and advice around bikes and accessories.

Cheers!

mdc302

« Reply #363 on: July 17, 2022, 11:01:48 AM »
Hey guys! mdc302 here from SE Tennessee (U.S.) and glad to a part of this very well managed forum. I have been riding mostly MTB and some road for over 25 years of my adulthood. Have spent much $ on Trek bikes over the years (ex. Fuel 98 carbon, Madone SL carbon, etc) from our local friend/bike shop. Upon much research the past few years I recently purchased and built an FM1001 frame via Carbonda. Thanks to this forum I’m one of a growing community that can help myself & others save serious $ and get out on the trail, gravel, and/or road! Look forward to much more on here
Time to chase the cheetah

ASt

« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2022, 12:07:39 PM »
Hi all,
Andrey from Germany.

I built my first china carbon roadbike more than 12 years ago (still riding it), and its time for a second go with a carbonda 909 which I will order. But still not sure about a size.

vintagemx.bt

« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »
Hello, I'm Benoit.

Sorry for my poor language, I'm french.
I live in Vosges mountains in the north east of France.
I have already built several road bikes and mountain bikes using open mold frames.
In addition to several brand bikes, now, I ride an old Hongfu FM036 and a Dengfu M06.
I'm looking for informations about Carbonda FM936 frameset for my next build.

Rconroy

« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
Hi Folks,
Long time lurker, first time poster in the US!
excited to join the community

Tijoe

« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2022, 12:16:34 PM »
Hello fellow Aliexpressers.  Yesterday, I received an email from Titus regarding a full suspension TI frame that uses a flex stay.  I was researching the design and ran across a thread posted on this forum.   I am amazed that in all these years of purchasing frames and components from Aliexpress, I never ran across, or even knew that this forum existed.  Great find.  Now I am hooked and will be reading up on perspectives about Chinese frames and components.  I might even be able to contribute now and again because I have made hundreds of purchases of bicycle parts via Aliexpress. 

ckot

« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2022, 06:24:13 PM »
Heya - Scott from the PNW here.  I wanted to get back into mountain biking after many years off and picked up a 2017 BMC hardtail.  After a few years, I'm finding that I want a FS that is more stable on the downhills, and found this forum in my search. 

I also recently took over https://mountainbikereviewed.com and am looking for a project to document on the site. 

Mapleflames

« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2023, 01:13:20 PM »
Hi. Just joined last night (Fri 13th) and I'm looking to build a gravel frame over the next few months.

I've been looking at the options, but i think I need some guidance in regards to how all of this works in terms of importing to canada and what not.

Built a Trials bike 15 years ago and want to build up a bike again.

CB

« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2023, 01:24:49 AM »
Hi all

Christoff from South Africa.  Working my way through the threads to build a new dual sus xc marathon bike with a slightly slacker front end.

Cheers

JordanAnd

« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2023, 02:31:17 PM »
Hey y'all. My name is Jordan. New here, but not to building my own bikes. Recently built a Tantan FM199 and going to build some more soon!

dabliuagaeme

« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2023, 09:34:49 AM »
Hi
I'm Wellington and I write from Brasil. I'm looking for a good full 29 frame.
thank you all for future help

CryonicSnail

« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2023, 03:55:37 AM »
Hi everyone! I just landed on this forum, which I found recommended on an Italian forum MTB mag Forum.
I'm Italian, I'm 23 and I've been riding mtb for 8 years and I love this sport.
I'm trying to build my first mtb from scratch with a chinese frame.
Sorry for my English!

Thank you all for the welcome!

nejcb

« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2023, 06:34:28 AM »
Hi all, i'm 36, MTB-ing since I can remember.
Mostly had trail bikes, from a full-sus to a current AL hardtail with 130mm. I'm building the bikes myself now for almost 10 years.
I don't know if it's the years coming to me or what, but I find myself running more XC stuff than actual agreesive trail riding.
So I am converting my bike from trail bike to a down-country XC bike (sorry to those who are allergic to bike industry making up new names to sell us more stuff). :D
The target is to make it lighter in the first step - changing the 130mm Pike to a Sid Ultimate 120mm, replacing the AL wheelset with a Elitewheels carbon ones and XC tires.
I'm also looking into a carbon frame, this year or maybe next.