Author Topic: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build  (Read 78350 times)

Kreviuz

Re: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2019, 08:41:18 AM »
Yes I have the 958 in large. I have complete confidence in the frame. By the way mine weighed 2450grams in size large.

Also I am finding with this suspension less pressure less volume. Let it sit a bit low and fill the air chamber up . I have the .6 volume reducer plus a bunch of gear grease to shrink the volume. I like the grease method as I can really fine tune it.
 Sitting at about 30% sag using this method I can pedal seated thru 1-2" roots all day with comfort and carrying speed no problem.
 But still get a nice pump and pop due to the ramp up adjusting rebound to allow this of course.

Good to hear! Also, how about mud collection, do rear bearings and shock always covered in dirt?

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2019, 01:46:44 AM »
 Not worse then any other bike I would say. The shock is mostly protected from it  by the linkage.

Kreviuz

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2019, 05:19:16 PM »
Not worse then any other bike I would say. The shock is mostly protected from it  by the linkage.

Good, thanks) Can you tell me one thing, do mounts for brake caliper have metallic insertions for threads in them, and, are headset cups made from carbon? Can't find any photos of those parts.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:24:18 PM by Kreviuz »

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2019, 07:38:38 PM »
 Yes insert and yes carbon.

Kreviuz

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2019, 03:33:01 AM »
Does anybody know, is bsa metal insert one-piece, or it's two-pieces from each side of bb?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:38:38 PM by Kreviuz »

emu26

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:50 AM »
reverend, does the 958 really have a 70 degree seat angle?  That is what the Light carbon site lists but it looks steeper than that.

Thanks

Pharaohollie

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
Hi everyone, first post for me on these forums, motivated by interest in a LCFS958 frame which will be my first foray into a Chinese carbon MTB (well, apart my name-brand Carbon MTBs which are made in China!).

I have a few questions if owners of LCFS937 or LCFS958 would be so kind to comment (I've read through this whole thread but apologies if my questions have already been answered!):

1- Anyone fit a 34T oval chainring on this frame? Is there enough chainstay clearance?
2- Anyone fit a piggyback Trunnion shock on the LCFS958? More specifically, a RS Super Deluxe or a DVO Topaz or Topaz 2?
3- How's LightCarbon's wheels compared to others like Eiecarbon? Eiecarbon quoted me significantly more for a very similar wheelset spec so I am wondering if LC is a good deal or Eiecarbon is superior in some way?

Pharaohollie

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2020, 05:29:27 AM »
In case anyone is wondering about piggyback shocks, I got in touch with John @ LightCarbon and this was his reply:

"this shock can't compatible. the piggyback will touch the frame"

Not a huge deal, but now I have to return that RS Super Deluxe I just bought!

RDY

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2020, 08:18:08 AM »
Couldn't you just run it upside down? Or would that not work either? If so, that's very limiting of the shocks you can use.  Almost all decent coil shocks ruled out.

Pharaohollie

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »
Couldn't you just run it upside down? Or would that not work either? If so, that's very limiting of the shocks you can use.  Almost all decent coil shocks ruled out.

Nope. The Trunnion mount is at the top of the shock, and they have to be mounted at the bottom of downtube above the bottom bracket (AFIAK the Trunnion mount side requires no hardware, but bolts straight through).

It's weird, becuase just by eyeballing the frame it looks like there is enough room for a piggyback, but I will have to take LightCarbon's official word on this until someone on this forum or elsewhere proves otherwise.

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »

No one makes a 165x45 coil shock anyway.

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »
 Im almost positive a topaz 2 would fit.

And im almost positive if you took the control knobs off most would fit.

If you have the exact measurements of the shock i could get some rough measurements off my bike.

RDY

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »

No one makes a 165x45 coil shock anyway.

Hadn't realised it was so short.

Pharaohollie

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
Im almost positive a topaz 2 would fit.

And im almost positive if you took the control knobs off most would fit.

If you have the exact measurements of the shock i could get some rough measurements off my bike.

I returned the RS Super Deluxe I ordered without taking measurements but if I manage to get my hands on a similar shock I'll take you up on that. Thanks!

Maternicus

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »
I was planning on ordering a LightCarbon LCR006-D frameset or what appears to be the same frameset from Dengfu (the R06).  I am interested in anyone's experience with these two companies.  My current preference is the frame from LightCarbon, but their rep Wendy insists that none of their frames work with hydraulic disc brakes?  I am sure some of you have installed hydraulic disc brakes on one of their frames right?  What about this specific frame (LCR006-D)?  Thanks in advance for any info.