Author Topic: Internal cabling IP-256 , dropper  (Read 9165 times)

Carbon_Dude

Re: Internal cabling IP-256 , dropper
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »
Much different from my frame, that's why it didn't make sense to me.  Looks like the IP-256 has a totally new or different style of internal cable routing.  Now that I've seen pictures, I guess I would do as you are saying and remove the plastic liners and just run either brake line or bare cable as needed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:23:39 PM by Carbon_Dude »
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

jonxmack

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 04:17:42 AM »
I was under the impression those white plastic "liners" were only meant to be used as guides, IE you run your cable all the way through them, then you pull the white plastic "liner" out, and your cable is in the right place.

In terms of the brake one, if your hose won't fit into the "liner" then you'll have to devise a way to connect your brake hose to something else to pull it through the frame. A good idea would be to run a regular brake/gear cable inner through the plastic liner until it comes out the other end, then you can put a few wraps of insulation or duct tape around the last few inches of old brake cable/new brake hose, pull it all the way back through the frame, and it should all work out nicely.
Handmade cycle accessories and luggage - http://www.thebreakaway.cc/

Jake

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »
I was under the impression those white plastic "liners" were only meant to be used as guides, IE you run your cable all the way through them, then you pull the white plastic "liner" out, and your cable is in the right place.

In terms of the brake one, if your hose won't fit into the "liner" then you'll have to devise a way to connect your brake hose to something else to pull it through the frame. A good idea would be to run a regular brake/gear cable inner through the plastic liner until it comes out the other end, then you can put a few wraps of insulation or duct tape around the last few inches of old brake cable/new brake hose, pull it all the way back through the frame, and it should all work out nicely.

I just did my brake hose , i just taped it to the liner with thin and very sticky tape.
Just watch out that the brake hose doesn't get to oily in which case the tape might not stick and it  is more pushing that you should do and not to much pulling.
Another thing , before you feed the cable through the frame a little piece of the hose has to be cut of to remove the olive : don't do it with a stanley knife just use a cutter.
It doesn't matter if you crush the hose because you're going to make it the right size later on and the hose is quite difficult to cut with a Stanley knife.