Author Topic: IP-057 Project has begun (Completed Pics on Page 4)  (Read 32821 times)

Vipassana

Re: IP-057 Project has begun
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
Man, I'm super excited to see this paint job. 

325racer

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »
Me too!!!   Painter called this morning, it's all done, but I can't get down there till Wednesday.    Tomorrow is going to be a long anxious day...

Scratch that, quick cell phone photos to come soon.  I went and picked it up just now, regular camera battery is dead.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:46:01 PM by 325racer »

325racer

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »
Ok, here are some cell phone pics before polish and wax.   I noticed a minor spot that the paint was damaged on the non drive side.  I think from touching something while wet..  otherwise looks amazing.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:19:43 PM by 325racer »

Vipassana

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 12:53:11 AM »
No way!  That looks awesome!  I can't wait to see some daylight pictures and a complete bike...

325racer

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
Went to polish and wax, but realized I left it in another car in storage.  Ugggg.  Have to pick some up to "finish" the edges of the paint, clean up some clear coat overspray, etc.   After I polish and wax, Ill probably have one of my professional photographer friends take a few pics.  Tight schedule though, cause I want to build it ASAP so I can ride it next weekend.

Have everything except a stem and carbon paste.

325racer

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 02:16:07 AM »
Did some work tonight.  Polished, waxed and started assembling.  Got the cranks, derailieur and rear caliper on.  Threw the wheels on for a photo.

Planning to pick up a stem tomorrow, then push ahead with running cable and brake lines.

More pics to come later.

Vipassana

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
Dang.  I want to throw mine off a cliff.  It looks terrible by comparison!   ;D

Patrick C.

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »
That looks awesome!  You should slap some of these on it-

OK, I spent entirely too much time looking for white wall 29er tires.  Looks like Geax and Maxxis have made them, but they have giant ugly logos on the side.  700c x 35 mm may not give as much traction off-road, but on the the road they would look really good.

325racer

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »
Nice, but Ill pass on the white walls.

Best quote from my local ride forum "I think I want to see more pictures of this bike even more than I want to see Jenifer Lawrence's iphone photos. What a beauty!"

325racer

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 12:56:35 AM »
Bike is finished!!!!!!!!!!!!  Here are some build shots and a few finished pics.  Fancy Glamour shots to come and of course some ride shots will happen this weekend.

Bottom Bracket Installed

Crank Installed

Derailleur

Rear Brake

Stem with Ti hardware

Front Brakes (I didn't weigh the rears)

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing left to do is pick up some Crank Boots and install red seatpost clamp when it arrives.

Real weight were not close to estimated weights.  Bathroom Scale weight puts it at 20lbs, compared to an estimated 18.6.

MTB2223

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 05:57:00 AM »
Nice bike, dude! Very beautiful !

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 08:16:10 AM »
Holy crap.. very beautiful, man! I'd be afraid to ride the thing, lol.

Maybe we need to start a build of the month or something like that and highlight some of the more impressive builds in a banner ad. We could vote on it each month and the chosen builder could bask in all his well earned glory! lol

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:50:58 AM by Sitar_Ned »

MTNRCKT

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 08:21:15 AM »
Nice, but Ill pass on the white walls.

Best quote from my local ride forum "I think I want to see more pictures of this bike even more than I want to see Jenifer Lawrence's iphone photos. What a beauty!"

As much as I like the bike....

How about her posing on the bike? I think that's a compromise we can all live with!  ;D

Patrick C.

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
Holy crap.. very beautiful, man! I'd be afraid to ride the thing, lol.

Maybe we need to start a build of the month or something like that and highlight some of the more impressive builds in a banner ad or something like that. We could vote on it each month and the chosen builder could bask in all his well earned glory! lol

I like it- maybe have the banner, and pin the original thread so people can easily find all the details.  A month may be a bit long, but not sure if we have enough builds on here to change every week.

325, I think two-tone tires would really go well with the pinstripes.  Maybe natural gum rubber color if the whitewalls are too stark?

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
I like it- maybe have the banner, and pin the original thread so people can easily find all the details.  A month may be a bit long, but not sure if we have enough builds on here to change every week.

Yes.. maybe for two weeks. Something to look into when membership has grown some, bc like you said, we need more builds bc a month is probably too long.